PC Shutdown Issue...?

Cambo

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
Hi, so I've finished putting my computer together and everything is working well, I have yet to overclock it though, but a little worried about doing that now...

So I'm not sure if this is a big problem but I'm a little worried... After use I safely click the shutdown button found in the start tab. After that my PC shuts down nice and quick, it shuts down completely, and what I mean by that is my PSU switch is still flipped to ON, and in order to turn my system back on again I'd have to switch it to OFF and then back to ON again to see my MOBO power led indicating it's ready for powering again...

Here's my build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/21ubW

And here's the outlet I'm using to plug my PC:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HPX46U/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just need to know if it's normal that it does this, otherwise help would be much appreciated

Solution
check your front panel connector if you did not put the reset switch where the power button go also when you shut down does the led stay lit on the board or you have to switch power off and on on the psu there could be a loose power cable on the board .

bigwoofer

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
That is a really nice build, congrats :) PC's have misbehaved that way since the dawn of pc-time. It doesn't mean something is frying, it just means Windows is misbehaving or you may not have a power management setting enabled in your motherboard bios

Cambo

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013

Thanks! Alright that's really good to hear, especially the part you mentioned about it not frying... I'll check out my bios and see what I can do. Thank you!

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
check your front panel connector if you did not put the reset switch where the power button go also when you shut down does the led stay lit on the board or you have to switch power off and on on the psu there could be a loose power cable on the board .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS