pick as solution button - moved?

example a

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1898885/problem-work-computer.html

example b

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1894781/deciding-monitor.html

----------------------------------------

did something change or is there a bug? i know there was a DNS issue earlier (site update?)

just for the record i would like to state that i liked the best answer button where it was at the bottom next to the reply, quote, signature, etcetera. why do you guys keep changing stuff on us poor members haha...

it looks a bit gaudy up below all of the text.

addition...

it looks like the badges were moved as well.

i thought the badges looked great on the left side nice and big so that people could easily see them and it most certainly seperated people who spent time on the forum and who answered questions all the time with knowledge from those who did not.

now it looks like they have been pushed to the top where they arent as easily seen.

sorry but i would have to say i liked things how they looked before.

D

Deleted member 217926

I like the new best answer button but I agree with you on the badge issue. They were hard enough to see where they were, at least the number of answers in a master badge was. Now they are almost unnoticeable.

i think the discussion/question checkbox must be broken as well since i unclicked the checkbox for requiring an answer (hence it should create a discussion thread) when making this topic.

and yet you have an answer button under your post.

(yet another bug it seems)

--------

what i dont like about the button is how close it is to the text... every time i try to read something my eye gets drawn to it

the bright green color is fine (admittedly i still like the silver better) but it should be back where it was before so it doesnt get in the way of reading replies.

of course just my opinion.

The thing about the new location of the badges is, new people will not be able to differentiate between 'expert', 'authority', 'master'. If you mouse over the badge even, it doesn't tell you what level. The only way you can differentiate is if you already know what the badge color means.

D

Deleted member 217926

^ Exactly. And where the master badges have the number of best answers in them it was hard to see that even the old way. It looks like the numbers are still there but they might as well not be now.

you know...

i really think the TH staff which comes up with said changes should really POLL the forums to see what we think before it gets implemented.

that would save tons of them fixing things and us bickering about bad changes.

all they would need to do is photoshop some fancy buttons on an image and move stuff around :)

then yay or nay, enough said.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there,

To your point ssddx, we usually *do* poll for major and even most minor changes, to get your feedback. The "Pick as the solution" button alteration was a minor change. Added some color, and made it a little more sticky. We're hoping it encourages original posters to respond more frequently with the selection of a Best Answer as is appropriate when they get one.

You'll also notice that the BBcode, Report, Quote, Edit/QuickEdit options have been streamlined under the bottom right-hand side of each post response too. It helps users differentiate the stuff in your sigs and edit options from the content of the post. It's a minor change, but it makes things cleaner, for sure.

As for the badges, you guys think they need to be bigger in the rollover? There were pretty honkin' huge before. Agreed on the point about needing to be able to tell at a glance what is Expert/Authority/Master level. Maybe a key of some sort?

i figured the button was colored and relocated to promote op's clicking on it. great idea but i think it would be better on the bottom bar so it doesnt bunch up next to the text. just my opinion.

i actually do like the report, bbcode, reply, quote buttons. good idea to combine them.

the badges were really "honkin' huge" as you put it before i agree however that was what made them so great. they stuck out like and shouted to viewers "this user knows what they are talking about... look at how many people they have helped" i thought the graphics were also well done and its a real shame to have them so small on the top bar like that.

I don't think people would look at a key. How about when people mouseover the badge, it says the level as well. Currently, for example, if it's a power supply master badge, it shows up red of course, but when you mouseover it, it just says 'power supply'. Can you make it say 'power supply master' with the level attained connected?

Edited the thread tag so power supply is included for testing.

TRENDING THREADS