monitor wont come out of sleep mode!!!

hydrobomb

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
when i boot my computer, everything comes on (lights, fans ,etc.) but my monitor wont connect. The light just flashes over and over as if its in sleep mode. i tried different monitors, different video card, different VGA cable, even DVI and HDMI ports and nothing works! help :(

Solution
You got a hardware problem. You'll have to single out the one causing the problem. By swapping out components. It's not the card as you already tried. Try your ram in different slots, or even run a single stick.

Pradeepraj

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
The reason for your problem is that some sofftware accidentally disables some services related to your monitor function. A perfect and final solution for your problem is to recover your system to factory condition or simply reinstall the operating system. This will surely solve your problem.

crashbanger

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
please, not the "Throe the kitchen sink at it solution"(I.e. Change slots, get a new GPU, Throw the mobo against a wall and thentry again, buy new things like a new bloomin computer etc.) This is a genuine and intriguing problem. CABINET KICKERS STAY HOME PLEASE.