The 770 will not go past POST?

thedesertfox99

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I am bummed to the max. I just dished out 400$ for what I thought was the best card that amount could catch. I have 2 monitors, adding a 3rd shortly, so I even put up for the 4GB version. SLI, 3D ready.

So this is my machine (h8-1214) A Hewitt Packard Pavilion. I bought a 750 watt 80 bronze Corsair and installed it. It took me 2 hours to figure out that I needed to split the 8 pin line for the 4 pin 12v atx female on the mother board. But after I got that I though "ya, time to play."

So I cant get past this screen where it just says "press ESC for start up menu," at the bottom of the screen and above that it lists my system specs. I'll try to post a picture of it below.

I've tried everything, and since everyone is convinced it is a BIOS issue I even went back and installed the next to most recent version (7.16 .from 4/5/2013) My computer already had the current 7.17 from 4/12/2013)

I thought I had it nailed when I found the UEIFE?? whatever option to turn off in the BIOS. But that screen still pops us.

Interestingly, and I add this info not trying to complicate the trouble shoot, but the VGA port to my monitor remains black and detects nothing. It is the HDMI port to my TV that displays the only video coming out of this thing. That may be completely irrelevant

I have tried putting in the pci-e power cables with the adapters that where sent, and without. I have tried every imaginable combination of the 8 and 6 pin input- example leaving the 8 pin off.

I'm not going to accept that my motherboard just isn't good enough for this fancy card. I imagine the internet would be littered by people who have my machine that could not get this card to work if there wasn't a way to get it to work. I have a PCI -E 16X slot and a power supply the card should work, and EVGA mentions not the slightest implication that their card may not work with a motherboard before purchase. Guarantee the r290x would work. This was the first time I've ever betrayed Radeon. I will never buy Nvida again if I have to send this card back.

I'm going to take it to a shop first thing tomorrow. If there is a fix I'll post it in case others have this issue. If the motherboard simply wont run this PCI-E X16 card (despite the fact that it has a PCI-E x16 slot) I'll post as mush of an explanation as to why as I can determine Thanks for all of you that have advice and input.