Planning on upgrading ( Water Cooling Kit) need help please!

omagi55

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Hi, It's my first time in Water Cooling i need some help from the experts here.. I'm going to buy a Water Cooling Kit what is the best brand? My Budget is Around 300$ leaning to this one http://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits-cases/kits/ek-kit-h3o-360-hfx.html

Right now I'm using Corsair H100i it is doin it's job perfectly on my Processor.. But i need to water cool my GPU (Sapphire 280X Toxic) its running way to hot while im surfing the net around 40-45c without aircondition but with aircondition it's about 35c temp.. because here in the Philippinese it's super hot. Feel free to comment any suggestions once i have decided I'm going to buy ASAP, Summer here is coming so it will become soooooo much hotter..:kaola:

By the way, my casing is NZXT Phantom Steel Full Tower.

Solution
I didn't watch the video so maybe this was covered in it but a couple of things to keep in mind with converting a AIO kit to use on a GPU. First, the AIO kits are designed to cool a CPU; the GPU you would be cooling has a TDP around 3 times that of a CPU. Meaning, a LOT more heat to dissipate. I don't know how well it would work but even if it does, it will be loud as f*&%. Two, a full cover waterblock will cover the entire card and cool everything. Converting a AIO kit often times only cools the actual GPU, leaving the voltage regulators, the memory, everything else uncooled. Just something to keep in mind.
With all that said, they actually sell one...

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Well the kit you listed won't cool your 280x. And as your budget is 300 dollars, adding a GPU block isn't really an option as that will run about 100-150 dollars and this thing already costs around 300 dollars. Not sure what your best option would be, but this isn't it.

omagi55

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

I see.. So how much would i add for the GPU block? I can stretch my budget to 400$ for a GPU water block. Will Water Cooling Kit really lower my GPU temps? How many Celsius do you think?

Thanks for the fast reply man :)

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

It would lower them quite a bit.

omagi55

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

How about this sir? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Rj3HuG2Sg
i'll buy another h100i or h80i and a GPU Bracket for my GPU? will it work? I think this is more cheaper..:) I was shocked about the price of the GPU Block here in the Philippines.. It cost 10,000Php or 250$ just for the GPU block.. :(

Deuce65

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I didn't watch the video so maybe this was covered in it but a couple of things to keep in mind with converting a AIO kit to use on a GPU. First, the AIO kits are designed to cool a CPU; the GPU you would be cooling has a TDP around 3 times that of a CPU. Meaning, a LOT more heat to dissipate. I don't know how well it would work but even if it does, it will be loud as f*&%. Two, a full cover waterblock will cover the entire card and cool everything. Converting a AIO kit often times only cools the actual GPU, leaving the voltage regulators, the memory, everything else uncooled. Just something to keep in mind.
With all that said, they actually sell one http://www.legitreviews.com/nzxt-announces-kraken-g10-liquid-cooled-gpu-mounting-kit_129649 rather than making your own.

Solution

omagi55

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Cool! I'll go with that NZXT Kraken G10! It looks awesome! Thank you very very much Deuce65 you really helped me alot. :)