So im considering if i should buy my friends old pc.

jenzx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
So basically my friend got a new PC, and he wanted to sell me hes old one So the price he gave me was 267. the specs are Intel core i3 3,20 GHz quad core nvidia gts 640 1gb, 4gigs of ddr3 ram 1400 MHz, 500gb hdd 7200 rpm and the case is a NZXT Phantom 410, what do u guys think of hes offer ? the PC is around 3 years old.

Hi. Seeing as how you said it was 267, you didn't mention which currency, USD, Canadian Dollors, British Pounds, or Euros. I can say this, it does seem to have a good upgrade path, so may be worth it.

OK. That is about $363 USD. Not too bad and as I said, you have a good upgrade path, or so it would seem, such as move to an i5 later on. There is no 1400 Mhz Memory, unless it is 1333 Mhz that has been OC'd. It goes from 1333Mhz to 1600 Mhz. That would depend on the Motherboard and what it supports.

If it is running now then you should be fine as long as you get the recovery disks for it if it was a prebuild, If not then you would need to get the Operating System Installation disk. If it is Windows 7, then it has a pretty good library of drivers and you can update them from the various Manufacture's sites.