New badge locations, not a fan of them

I don't really like the small badges up by the user name, the larger icons bellow the picture looked much better. Was the change done to save space and to lower the minimum post length it takes on the screen?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

+1! I think the previous iteration just looked better. Now, they are hardly noticeable.

D

Deleted member 217926

I agree as well and have posted now in several threads about it. You can't even distinguish what badges are what now and the master badges with the number of best answers are useless.

I do think it looks more streamlined now. Maybe making the bar where the badges are wider would help. If not then going back to the way they were.

Rolli59 can you still see who picked a BA in the lower left of a post? It's faint but it's there for me. I'm assuming not only mods can see it.

D

Deleted member 217926

Well to be honest that's why people are allowed to pick answers. So if you see an answer that looks like a best answer you should pick it! The OP knows very well that if he disagrees with the BA picked by you he can change it anytime he wants.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
The change was done to fit more pertinent badges in less space. Before, there could be a very short answer to a very short question, and the clunky badges below the respondent's avatar would take up another 5 or 6 full lines and leave a wide open area that served no purpose.

We're open to feedback or community-recommended suggestions with mockups, if you guys are proposing something different.

-JP

It seemed like something that was done to save space. How about a smaller badge icon in the same area bellow the avatar pic? The old icons were pretty easy to spot but could be made smaller by half and still be visible.