New custom computer says "no signal" when plugged into monitor

gussRiley

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I just built my first custom PC and I plugged it into my monitor for the first time and it says "no signal". All of the fans are running that are plugged into the motherboard, so that isn't fried. The only thing i noticed is that the fans aren't running on my graphics card. I made sure that it is plugged in all the way and connected to the power. What could possibly be the problem?!

Solution
Could be DOA..To what port are you connecting? VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP? Are you using any adapter to connect the monitor?

EDIT: If the fans are not running you probably have a DOA card.. or a deffective PCI slot or even deffective PCI power connector, but that's not likely..
Did you plug the monitor into the gpu?

Are the power connectors inserted into the gpu?

Is the gpu fully seated in the pcie slot?

In your BIOS is it set to use PCIE instead of igpu (I don't know what the rest of your specs are so don't know if that is necessary).

If your monitor has the option is it set to the right input method?

What's the rest of your specs?

gussRiley

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

I tried plugging in the HDMI and the blue and white cords. I haven't tried to pull up the BIOS, how do you pull that up?

These are the parts I am using:
GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-2GD Radeon R9 270X
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB
AMD Athlon X4 750K Trinity 3.4GHz
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 AMD A75
CORSAIR CX series CX500 500W

Metalrenok

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
Could be DOA..To what port are you connecting? VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP? Are you using any adapter to connect the monitor?

EDIT: If the fans are not running you probably have a DOA card.. or a deffective PCI slot or even deffective PCI power connector, but that's not likely..

Solution

gussRiley

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

I've plugged in the hdmi, vga, and the dvi. What exactly is a DOA card?

Metalrenok

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Hmm yeah, it's probably is DOA, or Dead on arrival, which means you received a deffective card so you'll need to RMA it (send it back to store and exchange it for a new one)

gussRiley

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

Should i bring it into a computer store to see if they can confirm that before I send it back?\
SHould I try to run my computer with no graphics card to see if it will start up? Or will that damage it?