Need you opinion on this upgrade.

RazrAce

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
These are the parts I selected for my upgrade.

Build-
CPU: Intel Pentium G2020 2.9GHz Dual-Core
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155
Memory: Kingston Blu 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX
Total: $334.38
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/29I4x

What kind of performance will this build give in terms of FPS if I run BF4 at 1360x768 resolution? 1360x768 is the max my monitor can do.

Thank you very much! :)

Solution
basically what it comes down to is that your cpu you have picked out is going to be a bottleneck, especially in multiplayer. while upgrading the ram might help a bit its not going to do nearly as much as upgrading the cpu would.

getting the old cpu now and upgrading to an i5 in the future would just be wasting money (as you would need to buy two cpus not just one).

spending a bit more now is likely to be a whole lot better for you in the long run. of course its up to you if you choose to go this route or not.
the cpu may be a bottlenecking issue for multiplayer. the game would run better on an i5.

it would also be a good idea to bump up the ram a bit more.

what can you expect? well with the ram and cpu upgraded a bit you could likely play on medium at reasonable framerates.

RazrAce

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

Looking at your profile pic I can tell that you have used flipkart.com ;). I am gonna buy those parts from them. The i3 actually is a lot better than the G2020 but the thing is that its price is double that of the latter.

I was gonna go for the Trinity Series. That way I could have had better performance but Flipkart doesn't have those CPU's yet.

Getting a A4 series processor wouldn't be a good idea either since they have FM2 sockets, and I won't be able to upgrade to the FX AM3+ series.

Thanks for your response!

i5's price is thrice that of G2020. But considering that G2020 has the same socket as i3/i5 I can upgrade in future.

If I add only another 4gigs RAM to my current upgrade what kind of framerates will I get?

Thanks!

basically what it comes down to is that your cpu you have picked out is going to be a bottleneck, especially in multiplayer. while upgrading the ram might help a bit its not going to do nearly as much as upgrading the cpu would.

getting the old cpu now and upgrading to an i5 in the future would just be wasting money (as you would need to buy two cpus not just one).

spending a bit more now is likely to be a whole lot better for you in the long run. of course its up to you if you choose to go this route or not.

Solution

RazrAce

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

That is exactly what I realised. I have decided to go with this build now http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2af9B

Could please take a look at the new build and let me know whether its good enough to max out games like BF4?

Thanks a lot for your help. :)