Should i get the Corsair H100i or the Noctua NH-D14 in a fractal r4

jaylim0512

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
I am not an expert by any means, but with noctua fans, I am pretty sure that the h100i would cool better IF you got noctua fans for it (specifically the NF-F12 for the radiator), but only by about 4 degrees.The Noctua NH-D14 would beat just about all closed loop liquid coolers if you used the stock fans. The noctua would be more quiet because it has larger fans. Watch Linus Tech Tips' video on this. The difference performance wise is not that different. The big difference between these if the size. Make sure that you will be able to put your ram in your case with the Noctua, because it is giant. Here is the video if you want to see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8HsjgtMzEg

Ryman98

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I have had a Corsair H100i in this particular case and you will not hear anything at all. I would go with the Corsair H100i cause of its performance (and it looks amazing). I will caution you the H100i may not fir your case I put mine in with a Asus mobo and I have about 1 mm of clearance.

KingKnight

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
idk about if the cooler would fit, but I would definitely get the h100i if you don't mind the extra money. First of all it's not a giant bulky heatsink which blocks the view of your awesome RAM or not giving you room for tall RAM at all. It looks ALOT better than any heatsink with changeable LED color and it's also a way easier install :) sure it might be a little loud but you can always get some aftermarket fans for it. That's my side of the story :)