Will this GPU fit in this MoBo ?

AdarshN

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hey all !

I'm planning to buy a few new PC components for gaming. Ugrading after 5 whole years ! Here are the upgrades:

i5 4670k from a Core 2 Quad Q6600
GA-Z87M-D3H(mATX) from a Intel DG33FB(ATX)
An EVGA GTX 760 from a 8500 GT
Corsair CX 600W PSU from a Cooler Master Extreme 500W

Already have a Cooler Master Elite 330 ATX case, a 21-inch 1080p capable monitor, an old Seagate 250gb HDD and 4 gb of DDR3 ram. Gonna add another 4gb in while.

Due to budget constraints and a personal wish, I want to stick to the mATX board. My question is, will the GPU, which is 9.5 inches long, fit properly into the MoBO without any obstruction from other slots or pins ? I ssaw the pics for the board and it seems that one of the SATA connectors might come in the way, since the card is so long! I dont want to waste my money by buying without confirming and then crying over a bad fit.

If there are any of you who have a similar combo, please please advice me on this, coz I want to buy them as fast as possible before Black Friday sales get over :-D

Thank you in advance!

Is that gigabyte mobo? Yes GTX 760 will go just fine if this is the mobo.
http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-z87m-d3hrev_10
8ef0_6.jpg

Just make sure it fits to case :)

AdarshN

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Thanks for replying AxlFone! I'm going to order it today.

One more thing, how is the overclocking ability of the board? Can I overclock the GPU too? I'll only overclock after a few months, when I'll buy a Cooler Master Hyper for the cooling. Not too much. Just for the sake of experimentation. So I want to know if the board can handle it :)

For OC my recommendation is Gigabyte X-D3H or UD3H they do have better VRM components for OC.