Installing Sound Blaster sound card

bugmeso

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
OK, I am not an entire novice at this computer thing. So I was having what I call a disturbance with the on board sound system and decided to install a Sound Blaster Audigy FX, MOD SB1570. I was told that the card works with Win 7, 64 bit and it also says that on the box. So I remove the Realtek HD audio program, shut down the on board Realtek in he BIOS. Install the SB card and restart the computer. No doubt Win 7 starts to search off line drivers and etc. I insert the CD/DVD rom that came with the card and all installed just fine. BUT I get no sound from the card. I tried everything that came across my mind, even some other style speakers I have for testing friends system. NO SOUND. I am at my wits end. And since all of the MB manufactures and Sound card people are all of for the Holiday weekend....can't talk to no one. And one have ANY IDEAS....if so it would greatly appreciated.

In Windows go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound.
Select Manage Audio Devices, and then configure your Sound Blaster as your Default device on the Playback and Recording tabs.

bugmeso

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010

Did that...no go. I even ran diagnostics through the SB program. It shows the speakers doing something (as in making noise) but can not hear it.

pmason

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
Any luck on getting this fixed? I'm having the same problem and looks like I have tried the same things with no luck.
Thanks,

bugmeso

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
No luck. I pulled the card and sent it back for refund. Got the refund. Also Creative Labs was no help in trying to help me with the situation. No more CL products for me and after MANY years of using CL products

bugmeso

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I believe I am going to try this again. 1 CPU is 32 bit Win 7 and my other CPU is 64 bit Win 7..... using a KVM. But still looking a sound card for both. I will give an update after I test the products.