Why don't they make slim dishwashers?

moulderhere

Distinguished
I have what I call a slim oven so only handles one cookie tray or 9x13 pan.

But I have tons of tupperwear, glasses, etc. I don't really use a ton of plates, more glasses or re-heat lunches in tupperwear. I would need for a slim dishwasher to only need to wash all tupperwear or glasses.
It is a huge waste for me to have a half empty dishwasher with the lack of dishes but full load of tupperwear. The upper rack has the ability to hold down cups or tupperwear, not the bottom rack.

Why don't they make a slim dish washer? I hardly ever need a full size one. When my girl friends over, they don't need many plates, more glasses are needed.

I just find your question humorous because you have something that many people don't but yet aren't happy about it. every day i do the dishes by hand and once a week i get a break and ask my son on Sunday to wash them. You get to sit on the couch/chair and have a machine do the work for you any time you want but are complaining the that it is to big for you.

You funny, funny guy you are.
\

now to answer your question: the reason it the top and bottom spray bars if made shorter the hole size of the machine would have to shrink. This includes Side to Side and Front to Back. Doing this would make it not fit properly in many kitchen environments. If it could be just made smaller from side to side it would be fine but if you do this the front and back dishes would never get cleaned. So you see the answer is so it will fit next to and into counter spaces. properly. Ones that are built in the cabinets are made with the hole pre cut in the cabinet. This is a standard size. you start to mess with standards you have problems.

moulderhere

Distinguished
quote "You get to sit on the couch/chair and have a machine do the work for you any time you want but are complaining the that it is to big for you. "

WRONG!

I'm indicating that I do not use half the dishwasher, plain and simple. Actually by having a slim version of a dishwasher I'd be saving plenty amounts of money.
That is why I have a slim oven. I could happily bake anything on a wood stove but I don't.

Ok then buy more dishes and do less loads this in the end will solve the issue and end up being cost efficient. Sir you are complaining that it is to big. I have given the answer as to why they don't make them smaller.

Options, look for ones made for use in France since they seem to like to shove people into small places. You may find a company that makes them for there apartments in area's like Paris.

Several manufacturers make a half sized dishwasher (it was a Meile? I think)and I had a two drawer version a few years ago before getting the Bosche.

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/compact-slimline-dishwashers/

They are often advertised as "slimline" or "compact" or "drawer" models.

I do not advocate the above link ... its just as an example.

They do the job.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

Are you sure?

He should get a DW4 (DishWasher4), they are more compact and cheaper than a PC, altough it uses special plates and has a yearly subscription if you would like to do more then just wash them with water

Or he should get an Evo 212 cooler. As far as I know this is the best one, and noone use different type cooler

May as well go for water cooling. Because, well, so much water.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013

why?
I mean will he Overclock it? as far as I know he has a XW series CPU (Xtreme washer) that can be overclocked for higher FSB for faster program selecting and better performance overall. Although it will need a watercooling, and probably a Diesel Injectors, they can produce 2000 bars, that should be enough if he wants to use 4k quality dishes.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Sorry about that guys, I like that thread more than I should, especially after a guy told me that I should get an i7 4770k with a Titan to play BF4 in 1080p ultra, at 60fps:D

and actually I miss the offtopics here
99% of the topics about help, and there is no general talking here or joking around like here

Well you could put a faster motor on the pump ... or a bigger pump ... or both ... which would increase the washing water velocity ... change the heater thermostat to make the temps higher ... run the wash cycle longer ... or buy a better dishwasher.

I recommend the wife ... these are highly versatile and usually good to watch in action ... but they require a lot of maintenance ... think "Rolls Royce".

The automatic dishwasher is much cheaper to run ...

lp231

Splendid
Don't look a slim dishwasher since they can't fit anything and their upgrade is severely limited. Go with a full tower dishwasher.
Just build a full tower dishwasher and it has some of the coolest features like hotswap dish racks, dual solid state wash heads in raid 0 + a 4TW (terra wash) HDD for backup and storage. It also has dual Xenon W5-9890 v5 MW (multi wash) cpus running at 9.2WHz (washing hertz), 2 sets of 64GW (gigawashes) of ram in QDC (quad dish channel) mode, Nevida Force Wash GTX 990Ti in WLI (washable link interface) as I'm planning to clean the dishes in Surround Wash. All of this is built on a Aysus W99 Extreme Clean WS (wash station) motherboard. Corswash WX12,000 washes psu, 80+ Plutonium, and Corswash 9000D case. It's running on Microwash 8.1 Professional and so far it's cleaning the dishes really well, but there seems to be one minor problem with my raid setup. I've set the wash chunks a bit too high at 4096 gigawashes. Since the solid state wash heads uses a high beam of lasers to clean the dishes. And instead of cleaning, it simply vaporizes them. So I put my dishes to have it clean and the next thing I know when I open the door, my dishes have mysteriously disappear from the rack.
I will have to redo my raid 0 setup, reinstall the os, and buy more dishes. :/ :lol:

moulderhere

Distinguished

Bring it on. I'm happy with this.

I was just curious if they actually made single drawer dish washers. Which apparently they do. So now I'm looking at getting one.

When I first saw this I thought it was a joke thread but now I want to thank you for posting it, I always knew there were smaller dishwashers designed for RVs, but I did not realize there were some models that would be perfect for home use.

Usually unless we have family or friends over my wife and I have a very small dish washing load to deal with, so we've always done it by hand, but researching your question has led to a discovery of what may be perfect solution for my wife and I.

Even though it possibly can be purchased in a single drawer RV model the 2 drawer model would be perfect for us, as the drawers can be run independent of each other, or both at the same time if needed using less water than a traditional dish washer, so Thank You for posting this thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coKrOE3_xY