Corsair H100i in Fractal R4 in push or pull?

Som3one

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
It doesn´t really matter imo.
I doubt there would be a difference in temps higher than 2°C (if any).

I´d just mount it the way it looks the best. ;)
For example, I got two ugly Noctuas mounted on my x60 and prefer to hide them behind the rad.

KingKnight

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
The difference isn't that big, i guess as "Som3one" said, the way it looks best. But here is the difference (if you mount it on top)
its also the difference if you will be putting it as an intake or exhaust, pull or aka intake will get cold air from outside and draw it into the case and then the rear fan will exhaust it. The benefit will be that you will draw in colder air from outside to cool your cpu, the bad thing about it will be the cleaning since the top of the case doesn't have a filter.
Then there is a push or aka exhaust, will take the warm air from the cpu graphics card or anything else and exhaust in through the top, since hot air rises it helps to exhaust all of it as fast as possible, that was the benefit, the bad thing about push or aka exhausting is that you will be cooling your cpu with warmer air, but from what I've heard it is like a 5-6 degree difference. But, the choice is yours :)
By the way, don't forget to choose best answer!! it helps people find it faster :)

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Like everyone's saying it doesn't really matter. It's up to your personal preference if you want the top of the case to become an exhaust or intake. Both ways cool very well

TRENDING THREADS