Sign in with
Your question

sd card recovery

Last response: in Storage
December 1, 2013 11:40:15 AM

hi .... i tried to partition my sd card on my mobile phone with mini tool partion wizard and made a 6 gig ext3 and a primary 10 gig fat32 out of 16 gig sd card ... after finishing the sd card was gone ... my phone and partition softs does not recognize the sd card and in windows it is just a hidden volume which is not acessible and is 0 byte ... i connect my sd to pc via cable and in mass storage mode on my mobile phone ... what should i do

More about : card recovery

a c 280 G Storage
December 1, 2013 1:54:11 PM

Since Windows treats memory cards as removable devices, only one partition is supported.
If you had a 16GB hard drive, would you put more than one partition on that? I certainly wouldn't. So why do it on a 16GB memory card?

Go into Disk Management and format it in the usual manner.
July 12, 2014 7:40:04 AM

samcadnsion said:
It can easily recover SD card data with the help of, this software Commercial Spam link removed by Saga Lout.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried this, it says drive not ready??? Not what I call "easily recover".
Any other idea's?
Related resources
July 16, 2014 7:09:23 PM

It is not proper to partition a SD card. That may be why your SD card gets problems after the partitioning process. Therefore, never do such things again in the future.
Bu, now, for your card data, you may need some SD card data recovery software (blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/12/sd-card-recovery.html) to scan this card and find your card data as much as possible.
Always back up card data regularly.
!