120hz or IPS for display upgrade?

Themighty

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hey, guys, it was my birthday recently and I'm looking at buying myself an upgrade for my pc. Right now I'm pretty happy with it, but I'd like to perfect my gaming experience. Some issues I'd like to get rid of are occasional screen tearing and color banding.

I'm looking to purchase a gtx 780 to upgrade my gtx 570.

I'm having trouble deciding if I should buy a 120hz 1ms 27" 1080p monitor or an IPS 2560p 27". I was looking at the 27" BenQ 120hz gaming monitor, but I can't really decide.

I mostly play League and Wow, but I'd like to play more FPS games and stuff. So I play pretty much everything, I'd like my FPS to be as flawless as possible though.

If you have any other GPU or Monitor suggestions I should check out I'm open to other ideas to save money/get better bang for my buck.

Solution
Happy belated bday!

I have 3 BenQ monitors and love them all! I assure you will love the BenQ 27 inch monitor. TN monitors are usually the gaming monitors of choice because of the low response times. TN monitors when viewed by angles fade black. IPS monitors don't do that, when viewed by angles, you dont lose the image, however, have higher response times (usually 5ms min, with 2ms GTG (Gray to Gray)).

Since you are gaming I would go with the BenQ or any TN panel unless you are viewing the monitor by multiple angles while gaming.

I am sure you will not be disappointed with the BenQ 27" monitor

Thyrax

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Happy belated bday!

I have 3 BenQ monitors and love them all! I assure you will love the BenQ 27 inch monitor. TN monitors are usually the gaming monitors of choice because of the low response times. TN monitors when viewed by angles fade black. IPS monitors don't do that, when viewed by angles, you dont lose the image, however, have higher response times (usually 5ms min, with 2ms GTG (Gray to Gray)).

Since you are gaming I would go with the BenQ or any TN panel unless you are viewing the monitor by multiple angles while gaming.

I am sure you will not be disappointed with the BenQ 27" monitor

Solution

Themighty

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Alright, I think that's what I'm going to do. I guess I'm just worried that I'll buy it and not be happy. I don't have a place to view them side by side, all of my tech stores around here have pretty much all 60hz monitors on display :/

Thank you for your response though