Computer keeps shutting down

xNBKx blacjoker

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
ok so just to get to the point my computer keeps shutting down when ever i play battlefield 4 for long periods of time i would like to no why if poiisable it only shut with my cpu temp being at 45 c most the time i am running
a amd fx 9370
16 gb G.skill ram 1866
asus sabertooth 990fx
the standard water cooler that comes with it and
corsair 860i power supply

Oh ya it does not shut down when playing any other games as this is my most demanding game i have

Solution
First you need to realize that BF4 is not the same 'coding' method Dablio 3 is nor even BF3, as it now uses the CPUs much more intensenly then either of those games, so it isn't something to say "I Play Duke Nukem for hours and BF4 should also be on Ultra with no problems". In your case of your problem, I am offering a attempt at some solutions, and asking for feedback when testing them. As I said I suggest throttling back the BF4 graphics levels and see if that helps resolve it first, and second instead of worrying about the CPU temps what are your GPU temps?

My reason is a point you wish to debate, so let me put it bluntly (http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89356...
Mm have you checked the inside of the computer, dusted it out and along the vents and fans INCLUDING the PSU?
To me this REEKS of overheating (pushing too hard). Does it happens if you lower your level of graphics, which your not even listing what the GPU is?

xNBKx blacjoker

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

Oh ya sorry about that my graphics card is an msi gtx 770 4G and my computer is new I just built it two weeks ago

Well as I said the first test would be to reduce the graphics level (your only running a amd 9370, not a i7Core) and see if it still shuts down like that. If it still does then we need to narrow this testing down a bit. I would then ask you do work on other games and programs, like if your working in WORD for a long time does it shut down still? If your watching Youtube videos alot it does? if you play a DVD movie, you can't get half way through without shutting down? Playing HalfLife 2 single player also shuts down?

We need some other tests like these to narrow down is it a local problem, or a network issue? Is it graphical or is it otherwise? does it happen with many different video intensive methods (Youtube vs a DVD) or just one method (only Youtube but DVDs wathced all the way through fine). We can then nail down the issue more, IF throttling down the graphics in BF4 doesn't resolve it.

I am guessing there is no OverClocking here ANYWHERE right?

xNBKx blacjoker

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

I would like you to remember it that the cpu is a excellent cpu in my opinion even if not a core of it still handles everything I thought at but to answer the question I have ran many other programs including blue ray movies and Diablo 3 for 6 hours plus with no shut down the only thing in my opinion could be that possibly my GPU is not in correctly sorry if I sound rude I just like the 9370 I find it to be a great cpu and I run every other game at ultra 60 for for the whole time battlefield 3 included it is just 4 that is shutting down my computer would the bios being set in power saver mode have anything to do with it

First you need to realize that BF4 is not the same 'coding' method Dablio 3 is nor even BF3, as it now uses the CPUs much more intensenly then either of those games, so it isn't something to say "I Play Duke Nukem for hours and BF4 should also be on Ultra with no problems". In your case of your problem, I am offering a attempt at some solutions, and asking for feedback when testing them. As I said I suggest throttling back the BF4 graphics levels and see if that helps resolve it first, and second instead of worrying about the CPU temps what are your GPU temps?

My reason is a point you wish to debate, so let me put it bluntly (http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=89356 http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/10/bf4_beta/charts/bf4_cpu_radeon.png http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cj8RP4kEGo and so on) all show that a i7 Core works better then a i5 or i3, and definately better then any AMD Cpu because of hyperthreading. AMD CPUs can ONLY and repeatedly get to i3 Core levels, with higher / expensive end AMD CPUs (like yours) achieving i5 levels as the max. Thus on a i5 or a AMD, you should play at HIGH not ULTRA graphics on BF4 to avoid causing issues (series FPS drop, BSOD, overheating, crashes, lock ups, etc.).

Further the scores for a 770 (http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/) are playable (40s to 50s FPS) when PAIRED to a i7 Core, so with your CPU you can see the FPS drops even significantly more / pushing too hard - overheating, and back to my question on the GPU temps????

As ONLY BF4 has this issue (according to your last response) please try throttling back the graphics level first, this is the MOST COMMON test / resolution for majority of people. If you keep dropping it and get to low graphics say 1280x1024 display (minimum) and your STILL having the issue, then there is another hidden underlying issue that is just adding to the overall problem.

Solution

xNBKx blacjoker

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
OK I understand what you say I well have to look at GPU temps and try lowering graphics but I get 60 for stable the whole time no matter what is happening in be 4 be building collapse or rocket explosion as my 770 is a 4gb but I well check out the temps on it