Asus 3d monitor 144hz screen tear issue

fattyfatchops

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hi to all you fellow readers

I have an Asus vg278he 3d 144hz monitor connected to my gtx770 overclocked card.
When I have the GPU tweak set for 120 refresh rate and 120 fps cap it works magically. However, when I turn the specs up to the claimed 144 refresh and fps cap the bottom half of the screen lags / twitches / tears (sorry not sure what to call it). and the top works fine. also, when I have reverted back the monitors inbuilt menu options are mostly blanked out. I have tried looking into the manuals but cant find anything about this, also google seems to be failing me, unless the problem has a name im unaware of,

So any advice, input, comments is welcomed,

Many thanks in advance to all that have taken the time to read,

fatty

When is this happening, any specific game or just when you are in the desktop and specify 144Hz? Also not sure what GPU Tweak has to do with your refresh rate, its something to be set either ingame, Nvidia control panel or 'Screen Resolution' section of Windows.

fattyfatchops

Honorable
May 13, 2012

cookybiscuit
Ive only tried it on the desktop as if its not running right there then no point gaming with it, and with the GPU tweak its part of the overclock settings, so its when i set the limit for the gpu as 144 theres an issue. ive just tried setting it through both nvidia and windows control panel but the same is still happening,

cons29
I dont think its a gpu issue as when i use fraps and creen capture the images are coming out perfectly,

arrgh the frustration

fattyfatchops

Honorable
May 13, 2012
and now the 3D is playing up, yay, getting the "warning, you are attempting to run 3d in non 3d mode blah blah" come up. last time this happened I had to re install all the graphics drivers, so as it would stand it appears that every time i attempt to go into the 144hz mode something has a tanty and stops working all together, just work dammit