Dreams While Sleeping?

Have you ever had dreams while you were sleeping that you can remember having, that almost seem like an alternate reality?

It's like in the dream you know the people, and you know them well, but in real life you have never met anyone even resembling these people in the dream?

It's the same for the places the dream takes place, they seem to be so familiar, but you've never seen any places like them in reality?

Anyone else have dreams like this?

These dreams are very specific, many times I can dream something in a light dream state and change the outcome if I don't like it, these dreams cannot be changed, they are weird.

I know you're right, I watch way too much science fiction type movies, but I just love science fiction!

Divyanshu Sah

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
So, there are people like me. I thought I was the only one to see these dreams. But my dreams are too much unreal that i can't even remember them.
Sometime I see some things, that I haven't ever heard of.
Just like you, I see a lot of science fiction and start manipulating the ideas in my immature mind. When I was small, daily I woke up screaming.
Many a times I jump off from very tall buildings and feel something unnatural, which I haven't ever felt. In real, I have never jump off from more than 5 feet.

Divyanshu Sah

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Same as my case. Do we people only see dreams like that. ( We see a lot of science fiction)

Many times I have had great challenges facing me like a project that has completely stumped me, and when I went to sleep had no resolution, and woke up with the answer, so dreams have many purposes and some directly affect our everyday lives.

These alternate reality type dreams are completely different, they're weird but good at the same time, and when you can remember them you're kinda amazed when you wake up, and baffled at the same time.

Not all dreams are good some I've awakened from I did not want to go back to sleep!

I had one dream I still remember that I had gotten back together with an old girlfriend which was part of the worst time of my life, I remember during the dream my sub conscience was allowing me to realize how wrong the dream was, it was more like a nightmare actually, and my sub conscience was trying to wake me up.

It was extremely unsettling!

Woke up and got right out of bed, "No way I'm dreaming any more of that!"

She was the kind of woman, if she did something blatantly wrong and was 100% at fault, if you talked to her long enough it would be your fault!

When I was younger I had enough sense to walk away from her, but not unscathed!

And I had zero intentions of round 2!

Have you ever had a dream like something is chasing you and you are trying to run but it's like you are in slow motion?

Most of my dreams I don't remember after waking, some I remember later during the day if for some reason something like deja vu seems to get you to remember something you dreamed about.

Dreams are great, some good, some bad, but seemingly necessary to all of us.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011

It happens to me so many times... i think i'll be worried about that the day when i'll be running fast enough in my dreams.

(déjà vu... i wonder how many french words you're using in your language. have to check that!)

riser

Illustrious

WAKE UP WAKE UP!!! You're dreaming again. /Inception

Divyanshu Sah

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

I run many times in my dreams . Infact, i ran a lot of marathons in my dream in which i could not run in a flow. I fell down after every two - three steps.

real ace

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2012
Yes these kind of dreams do happen to many it is probably the fact that you actually remember some old childhood place.There are many reoccurring dreams which are unique to you.Basically dreams are the kind of emotions which you are going through and the fears which are embedded deep inside of you .One more thing people's reaction who you know in a dream are basically very different from reality ,they are your deepest fears which make this dream.

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
You can make decisions in dreams. Being chased and being held back by a "force" trying to run away. I made a conscience decision to turn around and run with the force. I immediately took off and flew over the chasers. I think things like this happen, perhaps often, but are only remembered by children.

The dreams regarding being chased were earlier childhood dreams, these alternate reality dreams that I referenced starting this thread are the most weird dreams I've ever had, and they are clearly remembered. It's like I'm familiar with the people in the dream and the places it takes place, but I have never been to these places in the dream that seem so familiar, or ever actually seen these people in reality. Weird stuff man! :pfff:

jackrussell60

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
This is a subject me and my friends talk about A LOT. And the familiarity feeling you mention, that in the dream you know everybody and every place, and in reality they don't exist is a very common thing we all share. Honestly, don't think that is weird in anyway at ALL.

And dreams are about your sub conscience.. I have a snake phobia, so i have weeks of nightmares with snakes (got those under control now lool). But if you think about it there is nothing more healthier than your sub conscience letting out this information that somehow bothers you so that you can deal with it.

One thing that worked for my friend who kept having nightmares with a passed away family member was to simply rearrange the bedroom furniture and change where her bed was placed lool no kidding, it really worked

I don't have the dreams I'm describing regularly they're actually kinda rare, and usually occur when I'm really exhausted and fall into a deep sleep. Weird stuff happens in this alternate reality dream place, maybe it's an opportunity for my sub conscience to experiment with things I don't normally do, or warn me of the consequences of those type things, which I normally wouldn't do anyway?

The freakishness is the familiarity with the dream people I've never met before in actual life, but the dream is so real, it's like I have always know the people in it, and most of my dreams I don't remember, but this one always wakes me up with that WOW, what just happened feeling?

It's nice to discover at least someone else that's experienced similar dreams. :)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Most of my dreams our about dead people in my family.

Don't let it bother you Marv, just consider the source! Ry :)