Opinions on first gaming PC build

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hey guys! I am just about to get my last components for my new (and first) gaming pc. I would like to hear what you guys think about it, and how you think it would do performance-wise playing games like; BF4, Skyrim and ArmA II. Here is the build:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Fx-8320 3.5 GHz 8-Core Processor
GPU: ASUS R9 280x DirectCUII Top OC Edition (1070MHz core clock)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
RAM/ Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8GB (2x4)
Storage: SeaGate 600series 240GB SSD
PSU: Rosewill HIVE 750W
Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Mid-Tower
[EDIT: Small formatting issue I didn't see in the preview]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also don't plan on overclocking, and want to play on Ultra/ Max settings for these games (I've heard that ArmA takes a good build to play on ultra and still get decent frame rates so I'll mess around with the visual settings on that once I get it). Thanks guys and have a great day!

Rammy

Honorable
Without a price/budget it's not easy to see if you are overpaying for something, or could save money somewhere, paying more in another.

In general though, it's pretty solid.
240Gb SSD is pretty expensive, and you might be better off with a smaller SSD +HDD combo, as it'll give you far greater storage without hurting your performance.
For your build as it is, 750W is excessive. Somewhere in the region of 550-600W would be more sensible.

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
To RazerZ and Rammy:
I forgot to mention that I only have the GPU left to buy, I got everything else for a great price on Black Friday. The case and PSU combined was about $80. I don't remember about the other items but they were much less than what they are being sold for at the moment!

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Here's an awesome GTX 770 for only $317 on sale at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CZ7Q028/?tag=pcpapi-20

If you have $10 to spare then you could get an Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, or EVGA version. All of them are good choices.

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion on the GTX 770, I'll definitely look into it, but I think I have my mind settled on the R9 280x. I have a friend interested in the free BF4 copy that will come with it, so that will shave off some of the price (techincally). I am pretty sure that the 770 and the 280x perform roughly the same, so it won't be like I am missing out on something. But yeah, I'll look into the 770 too. Thanks again.

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Hello, I have to turn down your offer in the meantime. If you can specify what you will do exactly once I contact you, and some of your background information, I can begin to consider your service. My apologies if I am making a misconception about you and your service. As stated previously I would like to know more about your service and background (about the service) before I make any decisions. Thanks, and have a good day.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Why pay for help when you can get it for free on here ;)

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Haha, yep. Tomshardware has helped me out tremendously so far! From my short time being here, you guys have gave me suggestions, tips, and guidance throughout my PC building journey. Tomshardware has yet to fail me!

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

..Alright, I was unaware I was tempting fate, how did I get cursed exactly?

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

"Tomshardware has yet to fail me!" :p

KryponSquirrel

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Alrightly then, note taken.