Budget build - Enough to run Adobe Photoshop (for wedding photography studio)

schola175

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: Before 2014

Budget Range: $300-$500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: "Photoshop" photo editing for wedding photography studio/Web search

Are you buying a monitor: No, but if there is a sweet deal maybe.

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon/Newegg

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Intel for no reason

Your Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024 - 1920x1080

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I work at a wedding photography studio and my boss is using CS2 with 7 year old HP computer. He wants to get 3 new computers that can run photoshop without any trouble. I have never built computer myself but over the years I have used custom build computers and have above average knowledge about building computer.

It doesn't have to be fancy but needs to run photoshop CS 2 (and above) smoothly.
Please recommend me some hardwares and what kind of/how many cables I need to buy.

Your build should probably be something like
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2f3qJ

The case is well made and includes a quality power supply .
The hard drive could be cheaper , but that model is a hybrid drive with a built in SSD to cache the most frequently used programs . Its almost as fast in that mode as an SSD , and much faster than a conventional hard drive .

You would need to add a DVD drive .

Its unlikely a quadcore would help because CS2 is not going to make use of multiple threads that well

Use the graphics built in to the processor . They are all you need in a build for office use

I run an HTPC with a socket 1150 pentium and it is absolutely fine for TV , dvd's etc at 1080p . The graphics in the i3 are more capable .

You would have to set the graphics size in BIOS . On my board it defaulted to 32 mb . You would change it to 1 gig

The intel driver is not that great compared to the options that you get with nVidia or AMD but that wont be a problem if you have professional monitors that you have calibrated correctly .
You can always try the build without a graphics card and if you need it then add one later if needed . But you probably wont