Alright so I have a few cases in mind for my build. I'm looking for some more suggestions to add to the list or opinions about the list. I'm trying to find a case that is very clean looking with fantastic airflow. Good for both air and water cooling. This build has a high budget but I don't really see myself going far over ~$200 for a case. Although, if there is a "perfect" case for me, that I'll only know when I see, I won't mind paying a little extra for it.
1. Corsair Carbide Series Air 540
2. Corsair 750D
3. Fractal ARC Midi R2
4. Fractal ARC XL
1. Looks good, looks like it cools great. Being more of a cube with a large space on one side behind the motherboard makes it ideal for water cooling. Very good practicality.
2. Big and awesome. Beautiful front panel, sadly not brushed aluminium everywhere. Has a fair amount of fans especially compared to the more expensive 800D. Probably better for water than air though.
3. Fantastically beautiful case and an equally awesome price. Just worried that it might not have enough room for a very high end (large rad) water cooling system for both a CPU and GPU.
4. Basically a bigger Midi R2. No worries on size here and the hidden SSD mounts are awesome. The only downside is that the larger size makes having high airflow more difficult. So it may not cool as well as the Midi could.
Lastly, I do not plan to get SLI anytime soon. I have always preferred the ease of a single card solution. Less chance of microstutter and more compatibility. Because of this I think that some of the larger cases may be a little overkill although I don't want to miss out on a really nice water cooled computer by buying a case that is too small to fit one. So that is one reason among many that I am making this post. Right now I have a HAF-X and I'm trying to steer away from that style of case.
Thanks for any suggestions and I'm sorry for the wall of text. There are just so many cases out there and this really helps me narrow down my options. I would prefer to talk about cases rather than just pick a "best answer."
Minimalism.......in my opinion go Antec, i mean cases such as the P183 are beautifully understated. Have great amount of space for possible dual radiators if ever needed to upgrade cooling potential. Also its very hard to beat their pricing for what you get. If anything its worth having a look at the following and if your really into minimalist then try out the Antec gx700 (not for most people but for price an usability its more than worth it!) plus always possible to respray if not fond of military aesthetics.