Another rate my build thread

boundless08

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Hey guys, my first post here so hi! I finally can afford to build my own gaming pc, it's not state of the art and only costs around 600 yoyos(euros) but it should get me by for a while and I'll upgrade as I go. First off here's the spec:

CPU - AMD fx6300
GPU - AMD r9 270x
HDD - Seagate hybrid, 8GB ssd and 1TB standard 5400rpm(might go for the 7200 though)
MOB - MSI 970A-G43 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu 2 x 4 GB DDR3-1333

Things I'm not sure on:
Case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139018&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
Cooling fan - http://www.pixmania.ie/cooling/noctua-nh-u9b-se2-cpu-cooler/04806690-a.html
Power Suppy - something around 600w I'm thinking

Any better suggestions are more than welcome, especially the stuff I haven't decided fully on. Do I even need a cooling fan? A lot of other builds seem to leave them out but if I want to overclock the cpu I think it would be a good option. I also have an old dell case I might reuse and save money on that so is a case something that helps a lot, or is it just an aesthetic thing?

As for OS I'll either bite the bullet and buy a windows 8 license or switch my laptops windows 7 to the desktop. I really can't remember the last time I used a CD drive so I don't care about that. Thanks in advance everyone!

Looks good. 500w is more than enough for the PSU. MAke sure it is an Antec, XFX, Corsair, Seasonic unit.

Try to change the RAM to 1600mhz. It should be basically the same price.

That CPU cooler is expensive and you can overclock perfectly well with a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO. BUT, you won't want to overclock on that motherboard because it has no VRM heatsinks and will overheat/ burn EASILY. Change the motherboard if you want to overclock, or drop the CPU cooler and forget overclocking.

boundless08

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

Cheers for the answer. I think I'll go for that cooler you mentioned, found it for 29yoyos and I'll invest in a better motherboard. I'll have a look around but is there something specific I should be looking for in a motherboard? Everything else is "more is better"(mostly) but the motherboard seems to be more elusive!