Dead laptop is still dead after battle with the Asus tech guys

misopogon

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I've have an Asus laptop which I got back recently from Asus technical service. The initial problem was this: it didn't turn on. Completely dead. It is still dead.

Tech told me SSD and motherboard should be changed without warranty while giving no explanation. Over long discussions, they accepted that SSDs might defunct due to a shock damage and promised to change it free of charge. For motherboard, they found me guilty because DC-In was slightly damaged (Yes, I did the fool's mistake and opened the case which was glued peculiarly and terribly strong/ Customer induced damage). The major problem is that everything is soldered to the motherboard (DC-In, CPUs) and asked for 600 bucks for a change.

I ask whether motherboard is working at all and if DC-IN is the only problem. In return, they responded they can't know at this moment and only thing I got was "CPUs are working".

They sent the laptop with the new SSD.

Any suggestions to what to do next?

At least I can check whether DC-In is alive. Maybe, then argue whatever physical damage was there, none of them was on the essential parts?

Thanks in advance from a first-timer!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like you broke the system, by your own admission, so trying to get Asus to repair/replace under warranty is very unlikely to happen.

Of course, you could purchase and replace the motherboard yourself (recycling the CPU, memory, wifi, etc.). Have you considered this?

Regardless, good luck getting your rig up and running!