What laptop should I buy?

Realbrizzi

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I want a laptop that will last me a long time with great performance, I think I have it between these two.

Sager np8235:
15.6 108.
Gtx 770m
I7 4700mq
8gb
Win 7
750 gb 7200
1419.91 tax and shipping

Y510p:
15.6 1080
Gt 755 sli
I7 4700mq
16gb
Win8.1
1tb 5400 + 24gb ssd
1308.45 tax and shipping included

Couple questions:

1) which one will perform better graphically?
2) which system will have better cooling and lower temps?
3) which one has better build quality and longitivtiy?

I would like to get 5 years if I could even tho that is probably pushing it. Cheaper is better but if the sager is worth the 100$ ill do it but spec wise it's short so that's why I was wondering about the build quality and longitivtiy. Thanks for the answers.

Thyrax

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Both of these laptops have their pros and cons (for me), but for you, it could be different.

I would go for the second option and I believe it will last you a lifetime. Its a cheaper deal (from the two). One TB (I can barely get passed 300GB of info in my HDD) + backup SSD. It has 16GB of RAM.. honestly in today's world for a gamer/worker, I dont believe you need anymore than 8GB so 16GB is great for planning for your future and making the most out of your investment.

Having Windows 8.. its a con for me because I just dont like it but you can always downgrade or just keep it, doesnt hurt.

GPU is pretty good and its SLI, even better. You will be able to play today's games no sweat. Obviously the GTX 770m is a lot better than the GT 755, I believe if you weigh the pros and cons for these 2, your second choice wins. I am going by longevity and your second choice is it.

You would have to look at reviews for cooling and temps but there is a reason why it has a manu warranty if anything goes wrong.

Lastly, when I build my PCs, I go by longevity, efficiency and reliability. Even if I have to pay an extra $100. If the prices were reversed, I would of still said go for the 2nd choice (Y510p).

Answer: Y510P
Excellent Storage space + SSD
More RAM
Win8 (If you like it or wanted to try it)
Cheaper in price

Hope this helps!