ASUS Sabertooth, AMD PC Reads High CPU Temp in UEFI, Now Crashes Before Reaching UEFI or OS

zburrows7

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
Hello Everyone!

Here is my build (First Build ever):

CPU AMD FX-8320
CPU Cooler Zalman 120mm
GPU Radeon HD 7870
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
PSU Corsair 750w CX
RAM Corsair 2x4, DDR3, 1600 MHz
HDD Toshiba 1TB - HDKPC03
Wireless Card Linksys WiFi dongle

When I first got my build together, I booted into UEFI, and watched as my CPU temp rose from 30C to 67C in about 40 seconds and the PC crashed... Since then I have managed to start up Ubuntu on a thumb drive, then install Win7 on my HDD. I was able to use Win7 for quite awhile, but then it crashed.

Note: I have touched my heatsink next to the CPU multiple times, and it has remained cool to the touch, so I am having trouble believing that the CPU is reaching such high temperatures so fast. I was hoping a UEFI update would solve my problem.

Now my PC will not turn on all the way. Before it reaches UEFI (when I use Direct Key) or I can boot into my OS, the computer crashes.

Thanks everyone! This is my first build, so hopefully this is a simple, novice mistake .

trymetal95

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

i assume that you have checked that the CPU cooler is properly attached and that all the settings on the UEFI are on default.

however it might be that your cpu cooler is faulty or that the cpu temp sensor is faulty, try with the stock cooler and see what happens.