Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Cyber Monday was a bust. Now when do I buy my build?

Tags:
  • Build
Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
December 6, 2013 9:55:25 AM

For months I had anticipated buying all the components for my new build on Cyber Monday, thinking there would be some amazing deals. But when the day finally arrived, my pcpartpicker list jumped $100 in price! WTF!

So now I'm wondering when's a likely time that there will be some real deals? Just before Xmas? After the new year?

More about : cyber monday bust buy build

Best solution

December 6, 2013 10:14:42 AM

Yeah, I was disappointed by the Cyber Monday deals too. Not trying to rub it in, but I thought that the Black Friday deals were great, to which I ordered my new PC. What you should do is get on the mailing list of major part retailers (Newegg, Tiger D, Fry's, etc) and watch for their deals. Get the email updates with their weekly deals. While you did miss the big one, there should be Christmas eve or week deals.
December 6, 2013 10:52:29 AM

According to most builders, the best time to buy computer parts is in the month of August. Apparently most companies lower prices that month in anticipation for new products. I would argue that your best time would be the beginning of the new year (realistically). With my business experience in retail, I know that products get lowered in price a week or so after the new year. Not sure if that applies to computer parts though. Good luck either way.
m
l
Related resources