Tips ocing a 560be on a Sabertooth 990fx 2.0?

teej

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I'm planning to get an 8350 soon but i want to see what i can get out of the 560be as i have had it at 4ghz but then experienced BSODs. I was using an asus m4a78lt-m le which i had to tweak quite a bit to get it stable at 3.8ghz which is my current OC but i thought i could get much higher on the sabertooth board.

So i was wondering how to approach the OC or looking for a good guide, i read to try the Asus OC utility first and then try the bios which i guess would make sense to get a reference but what should i be adjusting for stability other than the voltages and what do you recommend for monitoring temps and stress testing?

Cooler is an arctic rev 2.0 in a lian li case, i'll be adding case fans and a better cooler when i get the 8350 but i want to see what performance i can get out of the 560.

Thanks!

teej

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
I updated the bios and it seems to be more stable although i'm getting random fan readings even though it appears to be spinning normally!

So is it just a case of bumping up the ratio and stress testing and increasing the voltage if it becomes unstable? There are a lot more options in this bios than my last mobo so i'm still figuring out what they all do but if i can get a decent Oc out of the 560 i might hold off upgrading for a bit. Thanks.