Tesoro Intros Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Full Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
This just screams "Trying too hard"

When will companies figure out that Mech boards are about subletly, maturity, and buying your own keycaps to make a unicorn puke rainbow board.

Dragonzeanse

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

I like features such as backlighting and media keys (especially a volume wheel), but I would be sold on those features if the keyboard in question was good. A lot of companies tend to miss that last part.

But I do like my devices to look reasonably stylish. A bit of immaturity is nice.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I know it's not exactly practical, but a wireless, ergonomic, backlit keyboard would be nice. I would consider paying $100+ for something like that. But I've found most keyboards surpassing the $100 mark aren't worth that much.

"Mechanical-like"? Give me a freaking break. It's a membrane keyboard, which means it's the same quality as a $20 POS.

DRosencraft, you've obviously not tried a mechanical keyboard, especially as you want a wireless, ergonomic, backlit one but don't specify you want it to be mechanical. Trust me, any mechanical keyboard past $100 is absolutely worth the money.

That being said, this thing is large and ugly. Backlighting on a keyboard is kinda pointless - if you have to look at your keyboard at night, that means you aren't looking at the screen, which means you're getting shot.

...and if you're spending this much on a keyboard, hopefully you've been using computers long enough to know how to touch-type.

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
I do agree, backlighting isn't really useful for anybody who knows how to type.

And the problem with most mechanical keyboards past $100, they add alot of excessive crap that isn't necessary to justify their price.

Is full n-key rollover necessary? We have 10 FINGERs and 1 cursor location in most cases, how often are you going to be typing with more than 10 key strokes at any given time?

If you're playing a arcade like game with multiple bindings for multiple players on 1 box, why aren't you using game pads or arcade stick?

300 Macro Keys, 2,000 Macro Key presses per profile, 5 Profiles. Do you really need that many Macros? That's an excessive number of Macros IMO, and how many profiles does 1 person really need? Especially if that profile is living on your keyboard instead of being loaded by the driver for your specific app.

I may use 1-5 different Macro keys AT most, but seriously even stretching it most of the time.

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair are coming out with an RGB backlit version of their mechanical keyboard and is touted as the worlds first by sherry..supposed to be unveiled in CES 2014.

The above might seem trivial actually with a price like that for a design like that.

madestro

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Then the Logitech G710+ is definitely for you. I have one and it's really amazing. Only 6 macro buttons on 3 profiles so it's 18 possible macros. Full backlighting and and really nice volume rocker on the side. It has media buttons as well but I don't use those. One usb passthrough port and a "gaming key" which basically deactivates the start button. It uses cherry browns so it's not as "loud" as the blues but just as nice to type on imo.

Jul 13, 2013
I currently own a Tesoro keyboard and while I can say that some of their keyboards here in Aus are a bit high ($229? I don't think so buddy) I have one gifted to me for $169 that I love, and has wicked aesthetic, not-obnoxious backlights, tamed design and brilliant build quality. My roommate has a Corsair K70 for about $150, praised as wonderful, and it feels like quite a step below mine. :/
It IS my first Mechanical keyboard though, so perhaps I'm being a bit of a fanboy.
I am interested in their "Mechanical-Like" line though. Hmmmmmmmm.

Dragonzeanse

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

This is actually remarkably false. While I have been capable of touch-typing for years, I've found that when I set my hands down on the keyboard to locate exactly where my hands are so I don't end up having a finger or two too far to the left or right, backlighting helps at night.

Besides, I just like the feature, but most backlighting is ugly and terribly implemented.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Tesoro also runs a KB similar to Das Keyboard...hell, you wouldn't be wrong in saying it's a rebadge and reframed reject of a Das Keyboard.

I'd been hoping that Das K would make a gaming board, and Tesoro has been the closest to them yet.

But just so you know, just get the Das. Because dead keys suck. I still need to send my Tesoro out to have it fixed or get a working MX brown key and do it myself. But in the meantime, I think I'll keep using my Das K instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.