Sony Resetting PSN/SEN Passwords After "Irregular Activity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I see no problem with this. Just a layer of protection. We have been doing basically the same thing with plastic cards for many years in the Financial Services. Irregular activity puts a card in a temporary black status (or perm block depending on the scenario) and the user must "reset" the status.

kai_byron

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
sony are absolutely terrible when it comes to acounts and password i've been tryingto reset mine for hours and I did the email clicked the link reset it but then when i go to sign in again it says NO! they are crap...

fearless1333

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Yeah this is just an extra layer of protection. It's nothing significant; email providers like Gmail and Outlook Mail also do something similar. If the provider detects that a user is logging in from an unusual location, it looks the account and requires a password reset. This happened to me once when I went on vacation and accessed my email from another country

Adamw0611

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2012
I woke up a couple weeks back with 150 bucks added to my wallet. Sony refunded me no problems, but I canceled the card with that account and will only use the pre-paid cards from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.