What should i upgrade for better gaming performance?

Hi, my computer specs are

Motherboard: CG1330
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x6 1035t
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 5750
RAM: 8gb
PSU: Corsair TX650
Monitor: 1920x1080

I can play games like sc2, dota2, civ5, cs:go at maximum settings.. but in other games like nether or high paced fps games I get a bit of stutter. I'm not sure which of my hardware is bottlenecking my computer's performance.

I was thinking of buying a new video card but I'd like a second opinion first.
Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about upgrade gaming performance
  1. I was thinking of buying an HD 7790 and then crossfiring it with my 5750.
    7790 looks like its more powerful than 7750/6670 plus its also cheaper though I don't know why.
    But I'm not even sure if it's possible to crossfire with my current hardware/mobo.
    Does anyone have an idea?

Oh and my budget is around $150
  2. tazdevil112 said:
    I was thinking of buying an HD 7790 and then crossfiring it with my 5750.

That's not possible.
  3. get 7850...
  4. What game are you looking for more performance in?
  5. LS_7 said:
    What game are you looking for more performance in?

Well nothing in particular but I want to upgrade anyhow since I've noticed in some games that require a lot of texture rendering like Skyrim & Nether my fps would drop down when in action or when turning your character at maximum settings.
    I guess I just want to prepare for future games so my computer would be able to handle them better.
  6. I think I'll just get a 7850, but one question though, does the ram of a video card matter for my rig?
    There's 7850 with 1gb of ram and another more expensive with 2gb.
  7. tazdevil112 said:
    I think I'll just get a 7850, but one question though, does the ram of a video card matter for my rig?
    There's 7850 with 1gb of ram and another more expensive with 2gb.

Ya V ram is important these days. I would go with 2gb... 1 is just too little in my book.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Computers Motherboards Graphics Performance Graphics Cards