WTB dead CPUs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Hello everyone

At the moment I am looking for not working CPUs
You tried to OC it, but it did not handled the voltage?
your PSU/mobo died, and took the CPU as well?
It is just simply does not work?

I am interested in it!!

I am planning to get a tattoo of a CPU and it would help the artist a lot if he could see the actual CPU. I am interested in every kind of CPU, probably the tattoo will contain mix of multiple CPU to get the best look.

I am from the UK and I am looking for CPUs from UK only (due to postage or if you have a bunch of CPUs and you are not from UK then drop me a PM as well) and for payments I am looking for a 2 pound each, that should cover the postage and a beer as well.

I try to keep the cost down, and I am not looking to build them, that is the reason why I am looking for faulty ones

Are you looking for something modern, or do you want something classic? Classic might be a better option - anything new will go out of date quickly, but if you go for something already old it won't make as much difference, and still be just as old in a few decades.

I'd be looking at ebay.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I am not planning to get a specific CPU, like an i5 3350p or an AMD x4 965, I am looking to get several CPUs, get their styling and put it into a drawing, that looks cool, I hope it is clear now, so if you look at the picture, you say, that that is a CPU, that is cool looking. Im not an AMD or intel fan, I am just planning to get the "perfect" cpu picture.
the problem is that noone really tries to sell their dead CPUs, because who would buy a part, that does not work and impossible to fix, and I hoped that someone kills a CPU here in short time :D

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
the plan is basically that I "plant" a cpu at my heart, so it would be the heatsink part, pins are not concern
i7 actually looks quite cool, but I do not want to get and i7 tattoo, it should be more generic.

All the LGA115x chips look exactly the same from the top, with the exception of (quite hard to read) lettering. The press photos that show a big 'i7' are thoroughly photoshopped.

Inking all those tiny pins would be torture though. Good it's heat spreader up.

Bunch of 7 chips for 1 pound currently: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-Lot-7x-CPU-Intel-AMD-Processors-Various-Speeds-and-Sockets-/141133294196?pt=UK_Computing_CPUs_Processors&hash=item20dc332a74

EDIT: There's a few laptop chips in there, but at least one LGA775 (looks just like current gen Intel mainstream chips) and one AM2 (looks just like AMD's current AM3+ chips).

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Great, thank you!
I am looking to get as many CPU as I can in the biggest variety.
it will be "inserted in a socket in my chest" actually, so there will be no pins.
That is the reason why I want to buy them, not download picures from the net, because the artist can make his own pictures and hopefully can work with them better and they are not modified
With the lettering I have ideas as well, like writing "home" on it (127.0.0.1 :D ) and 13 in binary :)

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I look there as well, if I can find something, but there is not many faulty desktop CPUs there and if there, they sell them at horrendous price
I mean for a dead i7 920 for £30, because he thinks that it might be fixed??????

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Choose a really large old AMD or Intel CPU, from the early 90's. Huge pins on them, etc. But to be honest, if you want to represent a PC perhaps a keyboard and mouse might be better?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I'm sure a close up printed photo would work better anyway, as he will be doing a 2D tattoo - a 2D photo would be the best representation. Find exactly what you want on your arm, online.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
thank you for the replies

Actually I want to represent that instead my heart there is a microporcessor

Yea, probably ill do that, the reason why I am looking for one is that they can see it how does it look like real life

Status
Not open for further replies.