Corsair 750 Watt Builder Series CX 750 Modular vs 650W XFX Pro XXX Edition Semi - Modular

Corsair CX750 Modular or XFX XXX Edition 650w Semi - Modular ?

• Corsair CX750 Modular

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • XFX XXX Edition 650w Semi - Modular

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Spov

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hi,

As the title says, which power supply should I get (they both cost the same). Although many people say XFX is better since it is made by Seasonic the Corsair has good reviews on Amazon and has 100 watts more than the XFX. So which one should I go for?

You didn't list your system specs, but I'll assume it is a single GPU system and not CF/SLI.
That being the case I would opt for the XFX semi mod over a CX series. The xtra watts is unimportant
in a 1 GPU setup, and if you choose to go CF/SLI I wouldn't recommend CX anyway.

The XFX Pro is a step up in quality over the budget level CX.

Spov

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Hi mate,

Thanks for your answer but hasn't the Corsair have better reviews on Amazon? Also I cannot seem to find any good XFX reviews.

Thanks

I prefer to look at reviews done by PSU testing websites rather than average joe on Amazon to be honest.

Here is a great collection of reviews done by professional testers like JohnnyGuru and Hardware Secrets. Look at all the awards the XFX has gotten. Speaks for itself
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page625.htm

Corsair makes excellent power supplies. Well, they actually don't make power supplies, they use OEM manufacturers. Their high end PSUs are amazing, made by Seasonic. But their CX lineup has some cheap parts in them. They are more of an entry level PSU and not really designed for high end gaming systems that will be overclocked.

Hi - Both good choices. I personally prefer the V2 version(Seasonic), but you should save the ~£7 & get the newer version(CWT). They are made to Corsairs specs, so save the money.

I believe both versions are discontnd and being replaced with the RM series (which so far is not off to a good start
with one model already failing a trusted lab review)

Spov

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hi toyftw,

So do you prefer the Corsair Enthusiast TX650 V2 650W 80 PC Power Supply PSU over the XFX one listed in my first post?

Regards

Hi, almost splitting hairs. Both solid units, both Seasonic built, same +12v rail amps(if the XFX XXX is the black edition, if it's classic edition it has 1 less +12v amp). It's a toss up. Go with the less expensive one. If they were the same price and I had to choose, I'd go with the XFX XXX650 because I prefer the modularity (reduces cable cluttler).

Spov

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Hi thanks again,

Since they cost the same (literally 20p difference) I will go with the XFX. However how do you distinguish between the Black edition and Classic edition because most sites only say 'XXX Edition'. For example is this the black edition:
http://www.cclonline.com/product/89883/P1-650X-XXB9/Power-Supplies/XFX-XXX-Edition-650W-Power-Supply-Unit/PSU0395/?gclid=COWes93voLsCFWMUwwodfU8A_g

Best regards

Hi again - the one you linked(XXB9) is the black edition, 1 more +12v amp and Haswell ready.
The classic edition actually comes in either green or grey housings.

Spov

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Thanks mate :D

Finally ordered it!

Regards

Enjoy!