Getting my first Gaming PC, your opinion on these specs?

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Made using PCPart Picker
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2gqus

I've done quite some research and I understand that not all of my components will be perfectly ideal but Im still not sure if It's a good setup to go with or not. My concern now is the Motherboard that might not work well with the FX8320 processor, again not sure.

My aim is to have a good PC that only costs 500 euros. Im saving up for a car so Im trying to be as careful as possible with my money. I'll be happy if this PC can handle the latest games on 60 FPS but I understand this might not be the case. Games like Skyrim on highest settings should be easily possible.

Im sure theres enough advice I still might need before I go and rush to buy these components. That's where you guys come in!

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
@taylor225 Thanks for the the tips. Looks good but the video card is probably a bit too expensive. Is the GTX650 2gb not good enough for a first gaming PC? Trying to aim for 500 euros. It's 497 pounds now which is nearly 600 euros.

taylor225

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
ohhhh euros sry im not european so i dont use metric system ;) the 650 overall is a good card but with a 660 only like 50 - 60 dollars more and a lot more powerful it is more worth it

lukapavlinovi

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
You will need only 1333mhz RAM because it's max supported frequency by this motherboard. I made two modifications on the list. Here it is: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2h9wX
This way you can save more money for car. Good luck with build! And Skyrim is optimized for Intel but don't wory. You can get good FPS on AMD CPU too. Battlefield 4 is optimized fr AMD so PC will be futureproof. I am glad I can help!

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

Some more info I didn't know about, thanks! Taylor edited the list for me and replaced the motherboard with an ASRock branded one. I'll surely look into your parts though, but thanks to him I learned that the GTX650 Ti 1Gb is better than a standard 2GB one. So I'll replace the gfx card on your list and save that list in case Im still going with that build.