Connecting PCI video cable with monitor

kkester

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
I found an older Matrox Millennium G550 video card for my Dell Optiplex GX520 SFF (220 watt power supply). The card has an unusual LFH60 output and the cable (with two monitor connectors) is just under 9" in length. How best to connect one of these outputs to my single monitor, since I probably need something twice this length. Is it possible to get an adaptor to connect to one of the outputs that can then connect to the monitor?

Have you tried connecting the monitor cable to one of the ends. What you have described is a Y splitter and you should be able to connect the monitor cable to it. The two ends of the Y splitter are DVI ports so if your monitor has a DVI port then you can just connect the DVI cable to it. If your monitor does not the you will need an adaptor to connect to the DVI.

kkester

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Your'e right--it is easy to connect one of the ends to the cable already connected to my monitor. Now, predictably, there is another problem. I connected the end labeled 1 to the cable attached to my monitor. While I see the initial bootup to the initial WinXP screen, I don't get anything else--the screen is blank. Should I connect my monitor to the connected labeled 2? Or, is there something I need to do in the control panel prior to making the change?