Need Guidance On Upgrading

Fullmetal_10

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Here is what I am after, I would like to have a piece of every members brain so that I don't have to create threads and keep posting questions that make me look very bad in here compared to all you geniuses that I do so very much envy, but lacking the technology and every one here's permission to do so let me just start off here with the basics of course.

I have a home built desktop pc that I just kind of jumped into, dived straight in head first.

My specs are below

Motherboard - ASUS M5A88-M

Processor - AMD FX-8350 with stock Heatsink

RAM - Corsair XMS DDR3 16GB (4x 4GB)

Graphics Card - Powercolor AMD Radeon HD 7750 4GB

PSU - Corsair GS600 80 Plus

Hard Drive - WD20EARX 2TB

OS - Windows 7

I would also like to add that I know absolutely nothing about overclocking, I would like to know more and increase my knowledge if there are members out there willing to teach me from the ground up starting from the basics, granted you do not have to spend hours of the day here informing me, you can just throw me some helpful threads or topics that you think might help.

Again having no knowledge and knowing absolutely nothing about OC for some reason I was messing around with MSI Afterburner program while playing BF4, for whatever reason came over me I decided to max out all the settings in the program, not but 2 seconds later my screen started to wig out. It started to black out come back on then finally freeze or blue screen. I then later uninstalled the program after, & I am still having problems you can see red and blue pixels shifting in the background. I do not know what to do, could I have damaged my graphics card? Please inform me if you think that I will be needing a replacement. Thanks for all your trouble!

Fullmetal_10

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Yes I did, won't be doing it again I can assure you that. I was very curious as to what would happen. Let me put it to you this way I have ADD. ADD+Curiosity= well here we are. Nuff said.

Fullmetal_10

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
A new gpu ehh? Well budget for me really is not too big of an issue depending on what we are talking about here. I am open to ideas throw some recommendations my way, im all ears. Just please note if you go overboard with the gpu make sure my psu will support it.

Fullmetal_10

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Another question that is completely off topic. Reaching out to experts of modification. I would like to install liquid cooling but simply unable to due to the fact that my case will not allow it. I have a HP P6310y case do not ask why.....When I purchased my Corsair GS600 psu oddly it did not come with a 4 pin, so I could not supply power to the motherboard without buying a seperate conversion cable from molex to 4 pin. Well shortly after upgraded to the AMD FX-8350, and it burned straight through the cable! I am assuming it is getting to hot with just using the original stock heatsink that comes with the fx-8350. How can I install liquid cooling solution without changing my case, the conversion cable is an absolute must there is no other way around it, I would not be able to use my desktop pc without it supplying power to the motherboard, so I cannot get rid of the conversion cable or my computer will not power on.....

thomasd221

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

I think a new case is FAR more important than a watercooling system.

A new case will definitely lower your temperatures.

I would recommend these:

http://tinyurl.com/Corsair200R
http://tinyurl.com/Corsair330R

Corsair are great cases!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the GPU, I would recommend either the 7950 or GTX760, just don't buy reference.

Hope I Helped,
Thomas :)

Fullmetal_10

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

Nope already tried that, 2 days later I noticed that on the 8-pin I was like WTF! REALLY!?! Then I tried both of them didn't fit or my computer did not power up, something like that. Now that I am remembering I think that they just did not fit I think the connectors were upside down on how they needed to be, or they were on the opposite side and just did not go into the 4-pin connector on the motherboard.

Fullmetal_10

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

When I get offline here later, I will open it up and disconnect everything try it again, then come back with an update and let you know later. I hope that you are right, maybe I just overlooked it. I do agree with you though, I do not like having to use the adapter, with having one already burn up on me before.