What's The Best Radiator Pull Fan?

thismafiaguy

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
After just over a month with Corsair SP120 High Performance PWM fans in push-pull on my H80i, I have to admit that I will never get used to the noise. Even at 1000-1300 idle RPM, they produce an irritating "hum" that exponentially becomes louder as the fan speed increases under heavier loads. I was originally going to get Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 fans to replace them, but I did some research on other fans in the market, and I went with a Noiseblocker eLoop B12-P as the push fan. However, the eLoop is known to produce a turbine noise when it is in pull, so I will have to get another fan to do the job. What do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something that will have good performance at low RPM(<1500), and preferably PWM controlled. Right now I'm thinking of keeping it simple with an AP-15 as the pull fan, I only got the eLoop as the push fan because it will match my build colors and look absolutely fantastic. But if you can think of something better, post up! Btw I do not want a Noctua fan simply because their colors will clash ferociously with my existing stuff.

Nuclear101

Honorable
I would opt for Corsair SP (Static Pressure) 120s but Noctuas are also a great choice and so are noiseblocker. The very best are probably delta fans but they are extremely loud and power hogging. Static pressure is how much air you can actually force through something eg. radiator or heatsink, while the AF (Air Flow) series are for just blowing air into your case. If you need a fan that isn't going to be pushing against your radiator, use the AF 120s.