Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
My Specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T at 2.8 GHz

8.0 GB Ram, I believe 1333 Mhz

Windows 7 64-bit

Corsair 500W PSU

EVGA nVidia GTX 660 2GB

My Problem: Low FPS in Multi-Player games such as BF3, BF4, MW3 no matter how low I put the graphics settings. For example, changing from 1920x1080 res with all settings on high to 1024x768 with all settings on low only increases frame rates from 30 - 45 FPS up to maybe 40 - 55 FPS. FPS will often drops into the mid to low 20s at random times.

My Questions:

Is it possible I have a conflict between my CPU and GPU somehow that is causing a bottleneck?

Is my CPU just too slow? I could maybe see this on BF4 but I have the same exact issue on BF3 and I would think I should be able to run BF3 at least up in the 70s with it consistently dipping down into the 30s when I'm not staring at a wall or in a Close Quarters environment.

Any suggestions for a legitimate game optimization software that might help?

Things I have Already Done:

Tried playing on smaller severs to decrease CPU load. Only the most minor difference in FPS.

Updated my GPU drivers to the most recent.

Checked my temps, GPU runs between 50C and 60C under load. CPU runs about 15 to 20 degrees lower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand BF4 is a new game and has been having a lot of problems with FPS drops etc but as mentioned above it happens in BF3 also which is a pretty stable game at this point. If I could fix BF3 I would be happy to wait for BF4 to catch up with patches etc.

ihog

Distinguished
There is no conflict between your CPU and GPU. The only thing I can think of is that your CPU is too slow. If you can, and if you have an aftermarket cooler, you can try OCing to see if that increases FPS.

Barring that, try running some virus scans to rule that out.