• AMD

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • nVidia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nakedian

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I really WANT to like AMD but I just don't trust their drivers. I used nVidia for years because it was the best card for the money... then I switched to AMD when I bought a 4870 x 2. I had never had any trouble with nVidia cards, I found they always worked flawlessly. With AMD I had constant troubles with drivers, and the Catalyst control center (CCC). Quite frequently the CCC would just disappear and I'd have to do a complete reinstall. I was never even able to play STALKER COP because my computer would just shut down ( may or may not be graphics card related). There is no question AMD is making the better cards for the money with the new 290's, but I just don't trust them. Can anyone out there help ease my pain or should I stick with nVidia? I am asking for opinions in this community because I trust and respect the people who visit and run this site. I'm not looking for fan-person fights I'm purely interested in other peoples experience and knowledge.

Razor88

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
I'm basically the opposite of you. I have owned two AMD cards in my two PC's (A Sapphire Vapor-X 4870 and a Powercolor 7950 boost) and they run flawlessly. I have had the 4870 for around 5 years now, and I have yet to experience a problem. I recently opened up my case, and it looks as good as new (with a little dust). I was extremely impressed with its performance back in the day(and a good while later), and I am very impressed with my 7950s performance now.

I really had no problems.

I decided to try an AMD card earlier this year so I bought a 7790 and after five months of random GSOD's and the monitor going into sleep mode that it couldn't be woken from I took it out of the PC. I hope you have better luck with than I did but I'll never buy one of their cards again.