Buying everything tomorrow (finally), final look over please

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
First, thank you for your time with comments.

Well, here is what I have now: (It sure takes a while to set this up) :ouch:

Case: Corsair C70 - Black

Mother board: ASUS Maximus VI Formula

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell

CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H75 Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 120 MM A new product.

HHD: Samsung Spinpoint HD103SJ (Already bought)

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB SSD I may get the 500GB. Thought about the 840 Pro...

PSU: 2. CORSAIR AX series AX860 80 PLUS PLATINUM
Thought about the i Series but didn't think it was worth the $40 more.

Memory???: This is where I'm stuck. Looking for 16GB (2x8), CL 10, DDR3 2400, or CL 9, DDR3 2133. ???

Graphics Card: 2x (SLI) I've thought about GTX 780ti, it's to bad it didn't have more vram, so not sure. EVGA 03G-P4-3784-KR GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI w/ EVGA ACX

Thermal Paste: ??

Fans: Get PWM Fans. Adding two fans to case. Not to sure about which fans.
1. Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition CO-9050008-WW 120mm Twin Pack High Static Pressure Case Fan
Any other suggestions?

So, that's what I have finally, I'm just double checking before I spend a ton of money. It really doesn't matter what I am using it for, this is about what I want. :wahoo:

Thank you again for your help. Any questions or comments, let me know.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

NoviceNob :)

I know you said it doesn't matter what you want this for, but you can save money if you create a build around what you want it to do.
So what are you using it for? I mean, "what I want" is very vague.

He said it didn't really matter what he wanted it for, it was what he wanted.

Yeah I know...But if it's just what he wanted then why did he post it here? It's not like we know what he wants.
He mentions that he wants a double check before he spends a ton of money, but he may be able to get a computer with the same performance without spending a ton of money.
Again, I know he said it's just what he wants, but without knowing a real purpose, there will be an endless amount of builds that he can go for. If he just provides a sentence of what he is going to use it for, we can be more helpful in figuring out the best components for him at the cheapest price.

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hello realchaos and coastie65.

Thank you both very much for your replies.

So... realchaos, if I posted what I wanted it for, I'd be spending about $2,000 to much... no really. I'm not looking for the cheapest parts, I'm looking for great parts that will work together and last a long time. But thank you for your concern... no really. :)

So... coastie65, what I wanted to make sure was that everything would work together, with no bottlenecks, this ram works with this mother board kind of thing. And, I am the person who buys expensive, but will take great care of what I have for a long time. It's just me. And thank you for listening. ;)

So... I am almost 60, no kids, no ex's, no mortgage, no utilities (renting), no girlfriend (...right now so I have to buy soooooon). I did my homework and will buy "almost" the best. My last computer lasted me 8 years and still could run what I wanted it to.

So, as long as both of you feel that what I have will work smoothly together, I'll purchase it tomorrow when I get home from work. I'll be buying from New Egg and Fry's Electronics; Oxnard, CA. Fry's will build it for free and give me a warranty on it if I buy most of the parts there. I'm too anal and lack self confidence to build myself.. so let's not go there. ;)

Again, thank you both for your time and have a great Holiday Season.

NoviceNob :)

NoviceNob

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011

Hey coastie65. Thanks again for your time. I would like to give you "Best Answer" but can't figure it out. :(