First build. Hope I did'nt mess it up!!!

tomdebi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
From a bare bones kit I put a AMD Athlon II X 3 450 triple core CPU, onto a MSI 760 GM-P23(FX) mother board, into a Cooler Master Elite 241 with 550PSU. Triple checked all the wires and plugged it in w/o the monitor. All the fans (psu,cpu,sys) work great and the disk drive opens and closes. There is no power led light on, and no buzzer sound. No lights at all. What went wrong?

tomdebi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

I checked the motherboard manual and the plugs seem to be all right. I do have an extra plug from in front of the case (large white four straight pins on one end and four straight plugs on other) it looks like a adaptor of some sort. Like I said the fans and the disk drive work and they are all plugged into the mother board.

tomdebi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

The mother board manual says it has an onboard video chipset (ati radeon 3000). Should I buy a video card and install It in a PCI slot ? If so what card do you recommend ?

tomdebi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

The mother board manual says it has an onboard video chipset (ati radeon 3000). Should I buy a video card and install It in a PCI slot ? If so what card do you recommend ?

tomdebi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

Sorry I took so long! Took everything apart and started over. Very,very carefully built it back up leaving only the HDs and the disk drive out.Still no beep. That white plug was for the power on led. To further test the mother board I plugged in a mouse into the USB port. It flashed on then off as the plug was going in and out. Plugged allthe way in it does not work. I also moved the jumpers to 5vsb.