Can't find a new CMOS battery for my Toshiba.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L500D 174 and I've been looking for a new CMOS battery for this specific model but I wasn't able to find one.
It is a 3V battery and it looks similar to this one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CMOS-RTC-Battery-ML1220-for-Toshiba-Satellite-L455-L455D-L505-L505D-L555-/251312271645?pt=US_Motherboard_Components&hash=item3a8360f11d
8 answers Last reply
More about find cmos battery toshiba
  1. So your saying your cmos has them wires soldered to it?
  2. ldewitt said:
    So your saying your cmos has them wires soldered to it?

Yes, I was unlucky enough to buy one of the few laptops that have the battery soldered to the mobo.
  3. Well i'm not quite sure on how to replace them :-O, we'll wait and see if someone else knows of any solution. Yes very unlucky to have cmos soldered to the motherboard.
  4. ldewitt said:
    Well i'm not quite sure on how to replace them :-O, we'll wait and see if someone else knows of any solution. Yes very unlucky to have cmos soldered to the motherboard.

I have already bought a cheap tin welder and removed the old battery, now the problem is to find a new one.
  5. All the battery's are the same so if you want to solder wires to it it should work but all cmos battery's are 2032. Hope that helps.
  6. ldewitt said:
    All the battery's are the same so if you want to solder wires to it it should work but all cmos battery's are 2032. Hope that helps.

Today I bought a battery with the same size and voltage from walmart then I attached a copper wire on both sides and I soldered it to the mobo but the PC still won't boot.
    It wasn't a 2032 because a 2032 would be too big.
  7. It doesn't match the size of your other cmos battery? I thought cmos batterys were all the same size. Maybe try a 2025. All cmos batteries i've came across are 2032.
  8. ldewitt said:
    It doesn't match the size of your other cmos battery? I thought cmos batterys were all the same size. Maybe try a 2025. All cmos batteries i've came across are 2032.

I used one of the same size and voltage and it didn't work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery CMOS Motherboards Toshiba