i5 2500k heat

BenVerdon

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Is 44 degrees C hot for my i5 2500k? I just want to turn down my fan speed so they're less noisy and don't know and high to allow it to reach before I turn the fans back on.
Thanks.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
if that is a max temp then no it can live its life reaching 80C under load and never hurt it, if that's the idle temp then ignore that temp, get a temp monitoring program and see what the max temp is when you load it up, so long as its not going over 80 then feel free to slow the fan down. (if you can set a custom curve then yes just turn it down now and have it speed up when under load)

BenVerdon

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012

That is temp whilst playing WoW. Thank you!

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
lol you can't just type the best solution you have to click it on a post. that means your temps are perfectly fine and you can slow it down a decent amount and not hurt anything just keep an eye on the temps till you figure out how it will react. If you feel the game slowing down, could be thermal throttling and you might need to speed the fans back up (I'm assuming you have some sort of fan controller?)

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador

Yes people think liquid coolers are inherently silent.... which is odd since there is 1) Still a fan on the radiator and 2) a pump... so actually more chances to make a noise.