First gaming build. Please critique.

waeve

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Hi, I'm new to this site and well, i'm building my first gaming computer or my first computer ever, i guess. Well, i want my build to be perfect for me and I don't want to buy all of the parts then put it together and discover my CPU isn't powerful enough or something else goes wrong so, if you would I would really appreciate it if you guys took a look at my build and any advice or opinions at all are very helpful. Please keep in mind that i'm trying to stay in the $600-$800 max price range. Thank you.

Here is the link to my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gMJz

Solution
Hi,
You have a good build there but :
1- The memory is a bit overkill if you don't plan on overclocking the heck out of the fx-6300. You could get 1600 mhz at lower timing (cl 7-8) and might be a bit cheaper
2- If you plan on overclocking, the psu might be borderline and get computer shutdown, freeze and glitches. You might want to get at least a 650 watt.
3-Instead of the seagate, get a western digital black. Yes you pay 40 -50 $ more but they have 5 year warranty on them and they are more reliable than anything else out there.

If you have a bit more money, get 2 x 120 gig ssd (I recommend samsung or mushkin. One for the os and 1 for games) paired with a 1 tb WD black for your data.
Your computer will perform better from there.
But...
Hi,
You have a good build there but :
1- The memory is a bit overkill if you don't plan on overclocking the heck out of the fx-6300. You could get 1600 mhz at lower timing (cl 7-8) and might be a bit cheaper
2- If you plan on overclocking, the psu might be borderline and get computer shutdown, freeze and glitches. You might want to get at least a 650 watt.
3-Instead of the seagate, get a western digital black. Yes you pay 40 -50 $ more but they have 5 year warranty on them and they are more reliable than anything else out there.

If you have a bit more money, get 2 x 120 gig ssd (I recommend samsung or mushkin. One for the os and 1 for games) paired with a 1 tb WD black for your data.
Your computer will perform better from there.
But if your on a budget keep the hard drive you picked.

Solution

MrProper

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
This cooler isnt any better than the stock one it is even worse. Change mobo this has bad vrm history and oc is out of question with this cuz it overheats and catches fire. Hdd get caviar blue/black dosent matter really but its 30 bucks cheaper than current one. Memory is good no need to change that, its good price so keep those. Pgi is good for mid/high range. Case, keyboard is what you choose.