better motherboard reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about some more detailed reviews of motherboards. less hype more facts. you dont seem to inform on things like board power phases is it a 6 phase .12 phase, 8 phase?? what parts did they use and some numbers?? [ir3553 or has it got a if3550] just somthing more than what it can do in dirt3. sure seems like the experts at toms could get us some moer tech in the reviews but it seems like its too easy just to copy and past the company line. best mobo for $200 how would i know from your review? cause you dont say much on how the board is built. it would be nice to know if the one with the 12 phase but low standered part for $185 is a better deal then the one with a 8phase higher quility part for $165?? just things like that go a long way. theres more i like to know then its got 8 stata ports. put some meat in the reviews . your the experts cant be that hard to read a number off a chip or pull a heat sink and look under it. or is it?

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Focus all that energy on the neighbors snow shovel or lawn mower.
Next thing you know you'll have $400 bucks and can buy a decent board:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_EXTREME/
Worry about reviews in 2015/16 when you need to upgrade again. The LGA 1150 wagon left long ago.

how is that a ''decent'' board? due to its $400 ? are you a teenebopper that your job scope is odd jobs for your neighbors? all i am asking is for a more expert review over the cut and past company line. but what reply did i get ? i get a punk answer. best mobo for $200 was an example of the titles toms uses. i dont care if its $100 or $400 ,so if you cant give a grown up reply dont . i understand your age group. i'll forgive you.

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Are you a Junkey? Was that even necessary?

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

It was uncalled for. And your trying to flame him by keep calling him a kid and you forgive his age group? Man is this a PC tech site or let your work frustrations out????

Your post was childish (ironic...), which is why no one is answering you.

And your apology is not even an apology. You still harassed him for being a certain age...

i forgive you to. i did not start it with a smart reply to a thread. and not his age group just the age that he shows now if you are not him it not realy your concern theres folks at this site that moderates this if you need to take it up with them do so. were in my post was his rplly called for to start with?? if you dont like it just take it up with one of toms guys thanks.

well I figured that a toms pro would of answered this by now. I guess I am the only one that feels that a review should be a bit more on the boards build quality. you know things like this board uses a spark fire kx111 witch is a lower quality item when most boards of this price point use the better whoopbut 2000 or the board shows it uses a 12 phase vrm thats really a 6 phase with doublers or the board is a 4 layer were others are 6 layer you know some real facts. so then someone is better informed when they spend $200 dollars they get a board with $200 parts and not a $200 board with $120 parts. i just like to know a little better whos giving what for my $$
thanks

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I'll forward along your suggestions and recommendations for added detail to the editorial and news team, junkeymonkey.

Going to lock this thread as it has run its course. I'd also remind all participants to refrain from personal attacks or insults. These can absolutely get you banned from Tom's Hardware Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.