Nokia Offers Free Lumia to User Whose Galaxy S4 Caught Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwd2

Honorable
Feb 20, 2013
I've used devices from Samsung, Microsoft, Asus, Dell, Apple, LG, Toshiba [...] over these years. It's nothing new, customer service pretty much always suck.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Like edwd2 said, customer service all around sucks. I'm very suprised Nokia pulled something like this. Nine times out of ten they only did it to shine a bit of spotlight on them. They purposely made it public to bash on Samsung. The thing with customer service...is that you always have to trick them some kind of way and act stupid. If you don't do that, you're not gonna' get service.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
How is this bashing biohazard? They made one comment towards something that Samsung really did. It wasn't repetitive. They offered him a free phone and made a truthful statement against samsung.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
While I have nothing against nokia I would not really be happy with anything nokia has to offer as an replacement for a gs4 its just the lack of micro sd cards (decent storage capacity) and the os that runs on it that would turn me down.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I wish there was a phone that could run all mobile OS's and be supported. Multi-boot phone.. hmm.. today I'll use Windows Phone, tomorrow Android, and Friday iOS.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

I'm not trying to bash on Nokia. I have a Lumia phone myself. I should have phrased it better. They're using the "make something really obvious, and give someone free stuff to make us look awesome" tactic.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

How is this sleazy? Samsung refused to honor their warranty when one of their products failed. Nokia stepped in and offered to help the guy out. Sounds to me like the only thing "sleazy" is Samsung's own refusal to honor their warranty.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I completely agree, Samsung was the sleazy company in this case. Kudos to Nokia for helping the guy out.

g-unit1111

Titan

From my understanding the WP8 app store has grown exponentially in the last year and Microsoft plans to merge it with the RT / Windows 8 app store which will give Windows RT and Windows 8 tablets (like the Surface 2 and Nokia Lumia 2520) tons of new functionality that they didn't have before.

Status
Not open for further replies.