Looking for graphics card but also triple monitor setup.

Zarok Aleon

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
So I have built my nice system but I am still missing the monitors and graphic cards. (and peripherals) So with Christmas coming up I was hoping to settle on 3 monitors to add to my list of things to save up for. I have looked over them but I honestly cannot figure out what I need.
I have heard that I need enough outputs on my GPU's to plug in 3 monitors. and I dont think I can do that with 1 GPU. But I also am not sure how big to go with my GPU's I want to run games like Skyrim and Crysis 3 with excellent graphics and record gameplay and stream it, maybe dabble in overclocking. My PC was meant to be a learning tool and also be upgrade-able for a while.

My budget is relative because I have like no money, but when I do I want to know what to add. also what I can put on my wishlist.
I have read that for gaming you want like a 32" monitor? or something like that, so I was thinking I need 3 32" monitors and a frame/setup/holding thing for them. And then also enough GPU power to run such a setup.
I plan to do most of my gaming on one screen and then use the other 2 for surfing the web or watching videos/streams.

I would love suggestions or even just information to know what I should be looking at. I have seen some really expensive monitors and while $800 for one monitor is too much I still am open to higher end stuff. I just need to make sure I am getting 3 compatible monitors and enough GPU power. Also what to look for when I am shopping.

Thanks ahead of time guys

dvd player
Black hawk ultra
ASRock formula OC
I7 4770k
8GB corsair vengeance memory
corsair HX850
WD blue 1TB
120GB Samsung Evo SSD boot drive
cooler master 212 evo

3Dns

Distinguished
OK. First of all 3x32" Monitors is too much.
If you need single monitor take a 32" but not three.
3x24 or 3x23 could be nice.
Also if you wanna play Ultra Graphics Settings and streaming/surfing etc in the same time. You need more then 8GB ram probably.

here is my suggestion.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($319.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($319.99 @ B&H)
Monitor: Asus VX238H-W 23.0" Monitor ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1029.95
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 02:56 EST-0500)

Zarok Aleon

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I was not sure exactly how much I needed as far as screen size went but this is much better.
Also I am planning on upgrading to 16 and then 32GB of ram down the line.
With multiple monitors, how do you set it up to have a game spanning over more than one of them?
And if any one else has any suggestions I would love to hear them!