IPS Monitors (23-24 in) Choices for gaming (under $250)?

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
With to the advice of several posters from this forum, I have ordered all the computer components for my first gaming system except for the monitor.

After searching thoroughly for the details for the current IPS monitors on the market, I am still unsure which monitor would be the best fit for me. Can anyone give me any advice?

I know that IPS monitors are a bit slower compared to TN monitors in regards to gaming purposes. With the money I have spent for my system I really want to see quality color and details on my monitor. I do not want to sacrifice quality for speed.

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I was look at that monitor and the 1080p version of it, but I have read the later versions have issues with yellow tinting on the screens. Did you find any issues with your monitor or is it working as intended?

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
That is good to hear. I know many people were satisfied with these monitors. I just do not want to deal with returning a defective monitor back to the manufacturer. I wish I knew more about monitors before making my final decision soon.

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I will check it out and read the reviews. Although the monitor is under $250 I do prefer the monitors around $200 for budget purposes. However I did buy a 780 so I may need to pay a bit more to enjoy the 780's benefits. :)

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
Exactly, I like a thicker stand to support with panel that can adjust the height. Now my choice is between ASUS PB238Q or the Dell U2312m. This is a tough choice since I have used Dell monitors in the past with no complaints but the yellow tint issue worries me a bit. The ASUS looks fine but I never used an ASUS monitor before and it is about $30 more expensive. I will need to think this over. Thanks for your assistance.

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010

Which one?

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
Ugh after reading some more reviews I am back to square one. I am not sure why I am so indecisive for my monitor compared to the rest of the components (which is ready to go). I think I need Motrin after spending hours investigating...

IceCreamRaider

Distinguished
May 30, 2010

Updated: A week ago I went to Best Buy to personally check the monitors they had and chose this one and I am quite pleased with it so far. Same price listed on online sites without the delay of shipping! Thanks! :)