Sign in with
Your question

Bethesda Reveals Elder Scrolls Online Release Dates

Last response: in News comments
a b 4 Gaming
December 12, 2013 3:47:49 PM

Where is Fallout 4?
December 12, 2013 3:49:33 PM

This game will tank so hard it's not even funny.
Related resources
December 12, 2013 3:53:16 PM

thats alot of money that will go down the drain, I predict an apocalyptic scale failure for this game :D 
December 12, 2013 4:14:24 PM

"Yay, another mmo rpg" -said no one ever. $15 a month? Yeah how about no. Just because it says elder scrolls in the title, doesn't mean everyone's gonna buy it.
December 12, 2013 4:14:27 PM

Played the beta in November. Looks way different than WoW. Kind of liked it. Waiting to see more.
December 12, 2013 4:17:12 PM

you guys might doubt this title, but I see it as a huge success for bethesda. this is the first "real" MMORPG to ever come to consoles. whether or not bethesda had as much to with this game as they did with skyrim, they would not allow a shitty game to be sold under their name. have some faith goddamnit *stands up in front of flag*
December 12, 2013 4:30:05 PM

Where do I sign up for the beta!? I NEED TO KNOW THX IN ADVANCE!! ^^
December 12, 2013 4:37:24 PM

racistpancake said:
they would not allow a shitty game to be sold under their name.

You must be joking.

Rage, Prey, Oblivion, Dishonored, Wet, Fallout 3, Rogue Warrior...

Should I go on?
December 12, 2013 4:49:01 PM

Non of which were shity games, well dihounered maybe...anyway eso looks visualy very bad for this generation of games, games that are 4 years old look better only thing that can save them is awesome gameplay
N
December 12, 2013 5:28:19 PM

Oblivion was a great game - a little buggy at launch sure, but more enjoyable overall than Skyrim imho.
December 12, 2013 7:50:14 PM

"Worldwide demand for The Elder Scrolls Online is extraordinarily high" <--- maybe they dont know the month fee!
December 12, 2013 8:03:45 PM

This article reminded me of why I hate Bethesda games: the horrid mouse lag. Funnily enough, NOW I found that it was the Enemy, vsync, again: http://vivithemage.com/2011/01/fallout-3-and-new-vegas-...

Proper New Vegas, here I come. (Except that it should have been Van Buren, but I digress.)
December 12, 2013 8:21:35 PM

I just can't wait for all that immersion to get sucked right out the first time I see someone bunny hopping, or doing some goofy emote, or chatting with all caps on, etc. etc....
December 12, 2013 9:27:27 PM

I've enjoyed the Elder Scrolls franchise, but I'm so over MMOs, and I've NEVER paid for one with a subscription; don't plan to start now. Part of the enjoyment of Elder Scrolls has been the ability to enjoy the immersion of the world, the lore, and quests without seeing hundreds of morons running around in circles making stupid comments, dancing, spamming with item sales, and just turning the whole game into a middle school freak show. No thanks. Give me Fallout 4, and maybe even a new single player/co-op IP, maybe set in ancient Egypt, Rome, or something.
December 12, 2013 9:46:05 PM

We understand you want some information on if we are going to offer buy to cheat items with real money. We would like to inform you that is it actually officially announced that we are not going to have a pay real money for better weapons, mounts and etc. In Matt Firors explanation of our business model and why we are going with the monthly subscription he does say that "We feel that putting pay gates between the player and content at any point in game ruins that feeling of freedom, and just having one small monthly fee for 100% access to the game fits the IP and the game much better than a system where you have to pay for features and access as you play". Don't worry though this is public information that you can and should share with everyone. In this interview is where we got that information. If there's anything further we can assist you with or you need more information feel free to ask as we would be more than willing to help :) .

Sincerely,

Dustin and The Elder Scrolls Online Team
December 12, 2013 10:33:13 PM

Game is going to bomb and put Bethesda/Zenimax in a thq situation if here not careful.
Guild wars isn't subscription most will just stick to that and await fallout 4. IF Bethesda is still around lol.
December 13, 2013 1:19:58 AM

Huge ES fan, but I couldn't care less about this. Just watching that video made me cringe - typically MMO PvP zerging. I still don't quite believe it won't delay release of single player ES games and for that reason I hate it.
December 13, 2013 1:52:10 AM

Have you guys seen the gameplay footage? It's consolized garbage. yet it will sell like hotcakes because of the elder scrolls name and the fact that its on multiple consoles. If your looking for a decent new PC mmo you should take a look at wildstar.
December 13, 2013 2:28:07 AM

I disagree elexor most are saying it looks like garbage and plays just about the same and to avoid it. That and a monthly fee and I think this game will bomb worse then the Star Wars one.
December 13, 2013 3:02:24 AM

toastybatch565 said:
"Yay, another mmo rpg" -said no one ever. $15 a month? Yeah how about no. Just because it says elder scrolls in the title, doesn't mean everyone's gonna buy it.

Wait, this is online? I was just giving them money because it had Elder Scrolls in its title.
December 13, 2013 5:40:35 AM

DAoC 2.0?
December 13, 2013 6:16:47 AM

A lot of haters on this thread who don't really have the first clue about things. Most MMO's fail to support subscription not because everything is going F2P. It's the other way around - so many games are going F2P becuase they in fact don't offer value. Look at EVE Online. A very very high quality experience with a consistent vision and continuous support in the form of updates and 'expansions'. ES has a massive following. I've played more than 120 hours of Skyrim becuase it is a game that always offers me something to do. If anyone here thinks that EOS will fail just because it's an MMO, you're seriously confused. It's totally possible that Bethesda doesn't offer value. But if they can replicate the magic of the ES series, this game will have legs. I will happily pay $15 for something expansive and engaging. It just has to be good.
December 13, 2013 7:34:45 AM

"Worldwide demand for The Elder Scrolls Online is extraordinarily high," writes Bethesda's Matt Firor.

This usually means if the company gets out a regular plain old mmorpg in the crowd with nothing new, then it will fail after some years which happened to Star Wars the old republic, it got so much hype that when they realized it was a regular mmo, they had to go with a free-to-play biz model
December 13, 2013 7:38:21 AM

Claptrap you have ZERO IDEA wth your talking about lol! 120 hours of skyrim? That's bloody pathetic and that alone disqualifies you from attempting to post a argument on this subject. That's total noob hours lol!
Elder scrolls is a SINGLE PLAYER SERIES
AND BELOVED FOR THAT REASON!
December 13, 2013 9:19:15 AM

Man, you guys complain like a woman. You are the minority and some people are actually wanting the 15 bucks a month compared to the pay what you want, because when you get that option some people go overboard and mostly north of 15 bucks a month.
December 13, 2013 10:11:49 AM

Having played through several beta weekends to date, I don't have a lot of faith in ESO's success. Maybe if the endgame is absolutely phenomenal, but the leveling experience and what I've seen of the combat leave a lot to be desired. The "story" may as well not exist at all.
a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2013 10:14:19 AM

@ Fluffy Thedestroyer

Star Wars: ToR also had the whole Star Wars Galaxies community itching for something better and still couldn't deliver. You are not going to satisfy people used to open world, dynamic games by sending them on linear pizza delivery missions. There needs to be an element of player based economy for me to ever give a subscription again. MMORPG' players want to feel as if they created the gaming world in which they spend time.
December 13, 2013 10:31:23 AM

Played the beta. It sucked. Imagine everything that you loved about the elder scrolls, now take away about 90% of that and replace it with the exact same mechanics, questing, graphics etc as every other WoW-clone on the market and that is ESO.
December 13, 2013 11:12:43 AM

It says 4-4-14, then June 2014
?
December 13, 2013 12:04:17 PM

RIP social life.
December 13, 2013 12:23:10 PM

Everyone is saying this game will flop because it is P2P? Ya, I guess no P2P game has ever been successful. Oh. except... World of Warcraft. P2P MMO's are generally much better than F2P because F2P sucks. If this is a quality game, I will gladly pay 15 or 20 dollars a month for it. F2P=Pay to Win. P2P is competitive.
a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2013 1:04:45 PM

Not all Free to Play is Pay to Win.

That is a very common misconception in terms and doesn't serve your argument very well, when you use it like that.
December 13, 2013 1:15:16 PM

So all of these "i hate 15 dollar a month people" love playing with there little lonesome selves in the basement? First of all there is no FREE TO PLAY MMO. Companies with F2p are making more money than they ever did at 15 bucks a month. If you want to keep the game fair and balanced and leave the game to provide you with what you earn then this is the model that you want. Why put in the effort to get that fabled dragon helmet if some smuck with 35 dollars buys one thats the exact same but has a slightly different hue. ? You like this type of game? You expect someone to run a decent online service for nothing? Games were always 40-60 bucks before they were online components. You expect this company to run a server system that would have to rival googles to support millions of people online at once with no lag for the cost of the game? Don't even mention the failed attempts at doing so, they will not win you any support.
December 13, 2013 2:06:43 PM

The ES games have been my favorite series since Daggerfall. I've bought all of them and most of the expansions. That being said, I will probably not play ESO. Maybe they will somehow be able to completely reinvent the MMO game style, but I seriously doubt it. If they could somehow have the game be 99% single player (or co-op), including towns, and have full multiplayer when it will actually add to the game, then it could be good. Even then though, it probably won't be worth $15/month. This game had better not mean that we won't get any new single player games, but I bet it will. Remember Warcraft 4?
December 14, 2013 2:33:43 PM

I dont know why people are raging on the monthly sub. People are still paying for WOW, why is a monthly sub so terrible???
December 15, 2013 3:16:52 AM

Isn't just the subscription it's elder scrolls is a SINGLE PLAYER EXP PERIOD! It looks and plays like crap.
Go ahead buy it then you'll regret it within first few hours. It's terrible and I want it to bomb!
Bethesda has grown arrogant and forgotten it was us the gamers who made them!
Still no fallout 4 news why?
!