Best place to buy parts in canada?

jailz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Ok, so i live in canada and im just wondering where the best place to order parts is? Right now local store is not an option so i kinda need to order it. Im looking for a site that has, lowest shipping possible manly because thats really the worst part about most sites these days.

Solution
Comparing prices between Amazon/Newegg is your best bet.

Amazon is pretty much all free shipping so when you need only a few items, I find it best. Newegg can be a better choice when your doing a new build (buying many parts) . Newegg's selection is better I find though.

Ncix/Tigerdirect has some good deal occasionally. I used tigerdirect when I did my first build, but their selection of products isn't great overall and I found shipping with them slightly higher than everywhere else on average.

jaraldo

Honorable
Comparing prices between Amazon/Newegg is your best bet.

Amazon is pretty much all free shipping so when you need only a few items, I find it best. Newegg can be a better choice when your doing a new build (buying many parts) . Newegg's selection is better I find though.

Ncix/Tigerdirect has some good deal occasionally. I used tigerdirect when I did my first build, but their selection of products isn't great overall and I found shipping with them slightly higher than everywhere else on average.

Solution

jailz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

Ok, i will try both amazon.ca and amazon.com and get back to you.

jaraldo

Honorable
Are you close to the border? As far as I know, most canadians can't order from amazon.com.
If we were able to, amazon.ca wouldn't exist as like most things USA/Canada, they are 20%+ more here.

Btw, what did you try to buy from newegg? I've never had that much shipping. I think my last full build (including 28'' monitor) was $42 shipping.

jailz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

To be honest man, its probley where i live, i live in NewFoundLand and i guess its hard to ship to here idk
i have a friend in toronto who tried to order more than what i ordered and his shipping was 30$ i think.